How choppy is the Eastern Caribbean in early November?

KrakedMask

Going on a 5 day Eastern Caribbean cruise from Nov 2-7 with 15 others. Every other cruise I have been on was in the middle of summer so nice warm days and calm seas. With hurricane season still in full swing that early in the fall will that effect the waters? I have a few friends who get motion sickness easily and already plan on taking the necessary precautions to try and prevent it but just wanted to see cause Google just shows the averages. 

1 minute ago, elcuchio24 said:

We often cruise in Oct/Nov, never found it any more rough than any other time of the year. In my experience those prone to motion sickness will get it in most any weather, and if your not your not. 

Also how is the adult to kid ratio during that time? We are all late 20's early 30's with no kids yet so it's not like we will care but the others in the summer that I have been were full of kids

2 minutes ago, KrakedMask said:

Also how is the adult to kid ratio during that time? We are all late 20's early 30's with no kids yet so it's not like we will care but the others in the summer that I have been were full of kids

November is great, unless you hit it right at Thanksgiving, and you guys are early in the month. Not a lot of kids, always some but nothing NOTHING like the summer.

We actually had one of the smoothest cruises in November to the E. Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale.  In fact at times it was so calm that the ship seemed like a ghost ship moving through the water making barely a ripple.

Back in March 1999, during Spring Break, the E. Caribbean was horrible with high winds and waves.  We canceled a  7 day Princess cruise to the E. Caribbean in favor of a Celebrity full transit of the Panama Canal for less money.  When we arrived back at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale to fly home we heard horror stories from the people who had been in the E. Caribbean.

You just never know.  You pay your money and you take your chances!

Hurricane season ends November 30, but then, Mother Nature doesn't go by a calendar.  If there is a storm in the area, the captain will sail to other ports to keep passengers and his ship safe.  A few years, we skipped 3 ports, and got 3 much better ports!

• Like 1