Refund check arrived

cheeseclan

Congratulations on the refund.  We received a small refund on our November cruise which came about the same time as yours.  We have received refunds a few times in the past which came in a nondescript envelope that looked like junk mail.  This time it came in a better marked envelope while not with Princess markings that made it look more business like and not junk mail.  Normally though we do not get refunds but rather a bill at the end of the cruise to pay. 

We got off in November 2018 from back to back cruises, have not received our check yet.  Called again today, for about the sixteenth time.  answer it was sent out on the 25th of January and has been cashed.  We never got it and we didn't cash it.

this is getting very madding.  Can't tell you how angry we our.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:15 PM, galelynn said:

We got off in November 2018 from back to back cruises, have not received our check yet.  Called again today, for about the sixteenth time.  answer it was sent out on the 25th of January and has been cashed.  We never got it and we didn't cash it.

Have you considered that you may have a mail thief? We went through that "delightful experience" a year or so ago. I signed up for Informed Delivery through the postal service and now I get an email each day telling me what mail to expect.

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Have you considered that you may have a mail thief? We went through that "delightful experience" a year or so ago. I signed up for Informed Delivery through the postal service and now I get an email each day telling me what mail to expect.

We did the same after a check went missing a few years ago.  It is a great (and free) option offered by USPS.  https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

On 2/27/2019 at 4:15 PM, galelynn said:

Ask Princess to send you proof of the cashed check and verification of the signature.

And get the "informed delivery" option from USPS (as suggested above)...just in case.

Keep in mind, it isn't the fault of Princess if the check is cashed. You need to track it down to get it to stop. Years ago DHs brother cashed my tax refund check ($50). I was hopping mad when I found out.