Please help---I think I may have unknowingly made a big mistake.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:56 PM, TinkBellaMom said:

I called RC and the agent who, was not pleasant, said when we arrived at the pier without a wheelchair, we would be removed from the room and placed somewhere else.

This does not make any logical sense. At the time of boarding it would be too late for someone else to book that room, why bother moving the person out? The room would just sail empty.

19 hours ago, TinkBellaMom said:

I am the OP.  Thought I would come back here and let you know what’s happened with our situation.

i reached out to our TA and she told me that this room had been made available by RCCL for open booking.  To alleviate my fears she checked to find out if there are still accessible rooms available.  She confirmed that there are still many available to the general public that have yet to be booked.

She also told me to fill out the form for RCCL and be honest regarding the aids in the bathroom that would be a help to me.  I did that, in the comments area I told them that the extra space in the room was really not as important and we would vacate the room for another if the room was needed for a wheelchair bound guest.  It’s only a 5 nighter I can make do.

Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate them.

Deb

Thank you for the update. Enjoy your cruise 

I received an e-mail back from RCCL after I sent in my disability form.  I also told them how I was treated over the phone by the rep. I guess he was uninformed.  Hopefully better training will help.

it said—-“Accessible staterooms are available for our guests with mobility needs, even those who do not require the use of a mobility device. The room is equipped with shower and toilet grab bars for your safety and convenience.”

• Like 4

On 3/4/2019 at 12:50 PM, Btank said:

But if you think every accessible room carries that risk and you need to be extra cautious, you be you...

--bruce T.

Spot on! I'll be me and say, it's more likely to find that in accessible rooms.