Klein Bonaire beach via ABC itinerary on Equinox...

Pier290

Please don't refer me to the Bonaire board as there isn't any current info on this.

How is Klein Bonaire beach?? Thinking about doing an excursion there but want to make sure it's worth it.....I know there aren't any facilities there but it is gorgeous?  Nice sand? Not interested in snorkeling but would hang on the beach etc.....YAY OR NAY ? 

TripAdvisor—parent to Cruise Critic—is often the better resource for destination questions such as yours...  As of a few minutes ago, TripAdvisor claims to have 825 reviews of Klein Bonaire!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pier290 said:

Please don't refer me to the Bonaire board as there isn't any current info on this.

How is Klein Bonaire beach?? Thinking about doing an excursion there but want to make sure it's worth it.....I know there aren't any facilities there but it is gorgeous?  Nice sand? Not interested in snorkeling but would hang on the beach etc.....YAY OR NAY ? 

I hope you get an answer, some of the destinations boards don’t have a lot of current activity.

trip advisor is a good source. We chose not to go to the beach even thought it sounded great, we we were concerned about there being no facilities and no shade and we were there in September very humid.

There's no facilities and as I recall there is little to no shade, no where to buy drinks or food or to rent chairs or umbrellas. The snorkeling is good though but I'd guess that there's as good or better in other locations. 

20171101_145745.thumb.jpg.08afb6d441480da1c8fb5fc6472a28fc.jpgWe went there, too, when cruising on the Equinox in 2017. We just loved it. Of course, there is nothing on this island but exactly that makes it. I can also recommend it if you don't snorkel but love a wonderful empty beach with perfect sand and water. If you worry About the lack of shade take the Celebrity umbrella with you. 😉

We are on the EDGE for this itin.

.beach looks nice but we would like a bit more..Bonaire is more about snorkel and diving than beaches from what we gather..  

Took a nice Island tour last time but may just do lunch...The mainland  Spice beach excursion looked ok but seems there is  not much beach any more? ??

Any other beach ideas  near the port  would be helpful . Will check outTrip Advisor.

Klein beach is more for drift snorkeling.  My husband did not like drift snorkeling but I thought it was cool.  You get in at one end of the beach and the current carries you parallel to the beach and you get out at a different point.  It was really windy the day we were there in April.  There are no facilities to put your stuff while you're in the water so we left it on the beach and it was fine.  It was good for a couple of hours but we were ready to leave when it was time.

Just posted about taking the water taxi to Klein Bonaire on the Aruba query... missed this post!  Loved the snorkeling and just hanging out in the water on Klein Bonaire... would definitely go again, BUT there is nothing there... but the sand and water were pristine!

Wish we could caption our pictures as I would note the iguanna picture:

Local inhabitant of Klein Bonaire hanging out at the beach!

1C5DC519-0B80-46C2-9913-81C7E1FA9728.jpeg

05ACCD3D-92AC-4412-88D1-05632917E8C3.jpeg