Millennium FV Cabin Info

york survey

I appreciate this is a difficult request but I have an FV grade cabin booked and would love to see any picture from these cabins after revolution

They're a bit of an odd shape so would be interesting to know what they have done.

At one point there was talk of these becoming S1's but this doesn't appear to be the case

Any help appreciated

I will be staying in a Family Veranda on our Summit cruise and have made several request like you for updated

photos.  I have had responses telling me how great these room are, but no new pictures.

I hope someone will post soon.

Elaine

• 3 weeks later...

On the Summit Revolution thread post 468 there is a partial photo of a Family Veranda.  Just from this one

picture it looks so much nicer then the renovated Sky Suite we had originally booked.  So glad I was able to

grab of these cabins.

16 minutes ago, Elainemh said:

On the Summit Revolution thread post 468 there is a partial photo of a Family Veranda.  Just from this one

picture it looks so much nicer then the renovated Sky Suite we had originally booked.  So glad I was able to

grab of these cabins.

I agree.  We (3 women) originally were booked in a Sky Suite for our June Summit sailing but moved to a FV when one became available.  I’m so happy we did that as I believe the FV will be so much roomier than the SS!

Jcpc.

It was myself and my two adult daughters. I cringed when I saw the renovated Sky Suite.  No sofa, a sleeper chair?

half a closet and no drawers. The balcony with  one chair and a half sofa side chair left no room to even walk.

For the amount of money we were spending for a Sky Suite I did not want to be living out of suitcases on the floor

for a week.  I was going to rebook us in Concierge when I saw this Family Veranda become available and it was

$2200.  less then the Sky Suite. I grabbed it. It's deck 8 not a corner, but I am happy.

Edited by Elainemh

I am not sure what a standard balcony would have cost as I did not price it out

For the family veranda we are paying $1900 each for the first two and $500 for the 3rd.

Edited by Elainemh

12 hours ago, Elainemh said:

I am not sure what a standard balcony would have cost as I did not price it out

For the family veranda we are paying $1900 each for the first two and $500 for the 3rd.

Thanks, how many days is your sailing? 

12 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

How much more are you paying for the family veranda per person over, let’s say, a standard balcony next door? Any ideas ? 

They are usually more than a 2A but the additional pax would be the same cost as a standard balcony cabin. Normally, they are not released until nearer sailing date, around 3 months prior, as they are kept for 5 pax occupancy. If they are filled before this date by smaller numbers, then X can move the occupants if a larger family requests the cabin. And at this present time, X appear to be moving many pax around anyway between cabins on M class ships as they have altered the capacity of quite a few cabins after a ship has been ‘revolutionised’ (unsure if you have seen any of the recent threads detailing this - previously booked cabins no longer holding 3 or 4 pax?). I’d be checking my booking regularly as some pax were unaware that they’d been moved due to their original cabin capacity being altered.

Villauk,  I am aware there is a possibility that we can get bumped. We don't sail till 8/25 and I will be watching

our reservation for any unnotified changes.  This sailing in the original booked Sky Suite would have been our

first suite since we started sailing with Celebrity.  As my  earlier  post said I cringed when I saw the renovated 

Sky Suite.  I did not feel that 3 woman would be comfortable in this room for a week.  

If bumped we will try for a Concierge room that will hold three.  I was afraid to book a Concierge at this time, as

many on the Millie were dropped to 2 people but Summit is still showing the rooms as 3.  Not sure which

deck plans our correct.

Elaine

Edited by Elainemh

DH  and I stayed in FV on Summit in August 2017. We loved the cabin with the huge balcony.  I had booked 8 months out and was never told about possibility of being bumped. We have one booked again for Sept.  Now I will keep checking my reservation with fingers crossed. I would hate to lose that cabin.