*Live* from the Eurodam - Hawaii/Tahiti/Marquesas

seamist

10 hours ago, seamist said:

Today the DH and I achieved our bronze medals (100+ actual sea days).  I realize for some of you this is peanuts, but as the DH said, a lot of money went into that bronze!

Congratulations!  You're right - that's one expensive piece of jewelry 😉 

Thank you for all the work you put into your post!   I love the pictures of the menus and especially the food....one of my favorite things when cruising.  I don’t sail on the Eurodam until March 2020, so love to see pictures of the ship and read whatever I can about it.  This will be my (and husband) first time sailing on Holland America.  

Seamist - thank you for taking us along with you on your wonderful adventure.

We will be doing 51 night South Pacific on the Amsterdam starting October 28th.  You have given us quite the sampling of what to expect and for that we are very grateful.

Congratulations on your medal and have a safe journey home.

Warm and kind regards,

Nancy & Frank

Enjoy every last minute of your voyage! You've still got lots of time left on board! 

I noticed in the towel pics that the roof looks all the way closed. I know you've said you spent some time at the spa area during the sea days so have you noticed if the roof was usually open, kinda open, or closed as you've walked through?

And echoing many others, thanks so much for putting so much time and heart into these posts! 

Edited by bigez

13 minutes ago, bigez said:

Enjoy every last minute of your voyage! You've still got lots of time left on board! 

I noticed in the towel pics that the roof looks all the way closed. I know you've said you spent some time at the spa area during the sea days so have you noticed if the roof was usually open, kinda open, or closed as you've walked through?

And echoing many others, thanks so much for putting so much time and heart into these posts! 

All of the above.  It rained pretty good day before yesterday and the Lido got soaked.  They closed it.  Then they’ve opened it again with better weather, then I’ve noticed its been partially closed.  I can hear it in the spa opening and closing, sounds like emergency vehicle sirens blaring 😂

Amazing pictures!! We were on the same cruise on the old Statendam in spring of

2015  and have looked every year since for a live report  so are really enjoying yours!

Thanks for all your efforts -brings back many good memories! We were wondering

if any children on your sailing (there were none on ours). So glad  your're having a great

time and thanks for sharing!