My View of Vision

Hard to believe it’s been a week since we disembarked from Vision.  Our cruise was a 7 day leaving from New Orleans and going to Key West, Coco Cay and Nassau, all ports we’ve been to many times. Our reason for picking this cruise was the opportunity to sail out of New Orleans which is something we’ve always wanted to do. 

My husband and I arrived 2 days before the cruise, driving from our home in Florida. This gave us an opportunity to do the tourist stuff in the French Quarter. I had not been to New Orleans since 1969 and the French Quarter looked the same as I remembered.  Since it was Mardi Gras season, we got to see a few parades, eat some great food and have a good time. We stayed at the Whitney Hotel which was a great location, close to French Quarter and Riverwalk as well as the port.

We parked at the cruiseport terminal on Julia Street which was very convenient and easy but a little pricey.  Checkin was  super quick, we were on the ship by 1110.  This was our third cruise on Vision and I thought the ship looked pretty good.   We had our traditional lunch in the WJ, food was tasty but not a lot to choose from.  Cabins were open at 1pm and we were relaxing by the pool by 130.   Muster drill was quick and easy, suitcases arrived and we were unpacked before sail away. 

Service was excellent, I can’t say enough about our wait staff and cabin attendant.  MDR food was, for the most part, good but again, definitely fewer choices. Cheesecake and apple pie was extremely good.  WJ is our go to place for breakfast and they had the best omelets I’ve ever had on a ship. We never eat lunch, so can’t say how food was.  My husband did get a roast beef sandwich from the Park Cafe but he said the meat was dry. 

Entertainment was good, we really enjoyed the commedian, Kiki Rogers. We went to the broadway production show and the singers and dancers were good but. skipped the boogie nights show as we have seen it too many times.  We thoroughly enjoyed the music by the Vision of the Seas orchestra and the band Rockport. Great for dancing!

There were quite a few Diamonds and up, so the Viking Crown Lounge became an overflow lounge each night for cocktails.  The CL was limited to Pinnavles and suite guests and, the rest of us could use either Viking or DL.  We utilized the Viking but heard the DL was standing room only with a line out the door the first few nights.

We missed Coco Cay due to rough seas, so to make up for it, we had an overnight in Nassau 🙄.  It was disappointing to me as I wanted to see Coco Cay one last time before the commercialization of it is finished, but I guess it wasn’t meant to be.

Disembarkation was super easy. We had luggage tag 3 and we were off the ship, through customs and on the road by 830.  The only bad thing about our cruise is it was way too short.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Hard to believe it’s been a week since we disembarked from Vision.  Our cruise was a 7 day leaving from New Orleans and going to Key West, Coco Cay and Nassau, all ports we’ve been to many times. Our reason for picking this cruise was the opportunity to sail out of New Orleans which is something we’ve always wanted to do. 

Disembarkation was super easy. We had luggage tag 3 and we were off the ship, through customs and on the road by 830.  The only bad thing about our cruise is it was way too short.😂

Sherri🙂

Are D+ allowed in CL normally on Vision?  We board Monday in Galveston.  Sounds like you guys had a great time!

So D+ weren't allowed in the CL on the OP's cruise? If the VCL is used for overflow are their snacks there? We'll be on Vision in May (Med/Greece)...D+ but only in a JS.

3 minutes ago, mstelly said:

Are D+ allowed in CL normally on Vision?  We board Monday in Galveston.  Sounds like you guys had a great time!

We did have a great time!  Normally, on Vision, D+ are allowed in the CL, at least on our two other cruises we were. It is still called a CL, so I believe we are supposed to be.  I think this was just due to the large number of  Diamonds and up.

I would love to be boarding on Monday😀 Have a fabulous cruise!

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ashland said:

So D+ weren't allowed in the CL on the OP's cruise? If the VCL is used for overflow are their snacks there? We'll be on Vision in May (Med/Greece)...D+ but only in a JS.

Yes, there were snacks there. The only negative is the Viking Lounge has very uncomfortable chairs for the most part.

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1