Online check in photo

So it seems I need to upload a photo during online check in. Can’t seem to get one that meets the criteria. Haven’t tried yet but can you get through online check in without it and will they just take one at the port? Never saw this before, it must be relatively new.

2 minutes ago, briehon said:

So it seems I need to upload a photo during online check in. Can’t seem to get one that meets the criteria. Haven’t tried yet but can you get through online check in without it and will they just take one at the port? Never saw this before, it must be relatively new.

Last month we  just had ours taken at the port, and it only took about an extra minute 🙂

Even if you do upload one, it seems many people have a hard time doing so to the cruise line's satisfaction.  When I sailed on Anthem last year all 3 of us that drove to the port in my car had to have ours re-taken at the port.  It adds all of 30 seconds to the check-in there...

2 hours ago, DisnyMik said:

I spoke to a rep on the phone a few weeks ago. She said no need for the online photo b/c they will do it anyway at the port. 

If you take the picture correctly and it is transferred to their IT system, they will skip the picture taking portion of the check in process. Somewhat bogus info from CSR - to be expected. 

4 hours ago, briehon said:

Takes about 30 seconds per person to take your photo at the terminal. Just let them do it there.

3 out of 4 of us didn't need to retake our photos and we all used phone selfies.  What I found amusing but completely understood was my husband needed to retake his because I had used one where he had sunglasses on his head - I told them I actually used that one because he will ALWAYS have sunglasses on his head when getting on/off the ship lol but we laughed and he retook his.

This was an option, and new to me, 2 years ago when I sailed on HOS.  Ours did not need to be re-taken, but as the posters above stated, it really does not save but a few seconds at check-in!  The main thing is about the ability to do facial recognition, so no glasses on or nothing on your head (glasses/hats/headbands, etc).