new to Celebrity, have questions

ule

My friend and I are going to book a Celebrity cruise for later in the year on the Reflection in the Aqua class.  We have a few question on how things work.

1. Can we have them empty everything out of the minibar for us?  We want to put out own things in it.

2.  Since we will be getting priority dinner reservations, can we make a reservation to include our friends who will not be aqua class. They will be in just a balcony room.

3.  Can we make reservations in BLU and take them with us as well?

4.  Is it true we have to pay for gelato?  ;)

Looking forward to learning from all you!!!!!

1: yes

2&3: you will have two different dining rooms, the non Aqua guests cannot eat in Blu, you can eat in the MDR if you arrange it, but that defeats the whole point of Aqua class which is Blu.

4: yes, unless Elite. Then you get ONE free.

There is free ice cream in the buffet however.

1 hour ago, ule said:

My friend and I are going to book a Celebrity cruise for later in the year on the Reflection in the Aqua class.  We have a few question on how things work.

1. Can we have them empty everything out of the minibar for us?  We want to put out own things in it. Yes. Your room steward will empty it upon request.

2.  Since we will be getting priority dinner reservations, can we make a reservation to include our friends who will not be aqua class. They will be in just a balcony room.

Only Aqua class guests and suite guests (on a space available basis) may eat in Blu (the restaurant for Aqua class.) If you want to dine with friends in a regular balcony room you may do that in the MDR if your friends have Select (anytime) rather than traditional dining (early or late with an assigned table.)

3.  Can we make reservations in BLU and take them with us as well?

No reservations are needed or accepted in Blu for you,  just show up when you want to eat. Your friends in a regular balcony won't be allowed to dine in Blu.

4.  Is it true we have to pay for gelato?  😉

Yes. However there is regular hard scooped ice cream that is free and is made daily on board that is delicious and free. It is at the starboard side entrance to the OVC (Ocean View Café/buffet). There are dishes and cones and various toppings available and they're free as well.

Looking forward to learning from all you!!!!!

Since you all are so knowledgeable I am going to ask my next question here before I post to the general board!!!! 

On Celebrity,  if you select a drink package as one of your perks, do you have to pay anything additional for gratuities?  I know we can either tip or add a tip as we are getting beverages from a bar.  Someone was trying to tell us that if  you select the drink package as one of your perks, that an 18%  gratuity is added to each beverage "purchase" and will be added to your onboard account.  So conceivably if I were to drink $1000 of liquor on my cruise I would have to pay another $180 on my account at the end.

I've seen conflicting answers on this issue on the message board. 

19 minutes ago, ule said:

Since you all are so knowledgeable I am going to ask my next question here before I post to the general board!!!! 

On Celebrity,  if you select a drink package as one of your perks, do you have to pay anything additional for gratuities?  I know we can either tip or add a tip as we are getting beverages from a bar.  Someone was trying to tell us that if  you select the drink package as one of your perks, that an 18%  gratuity is added to each beverage "purchase" and will be added to your onboard account.  So conceivably if I were to drink $1000 of liquor on my cruise I would have to pay another $180 on my account at the end.

No,  you don't have to pay any additional gratuity it's all included in the perk. Only time you'd have to pay is if you purchase a drink over the package drink price limit then you pay the difference + 18%

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ule said:

As said, the gratuities are included with the perk, so you will have no additional charges as long as your orders stay within the package allowances. If you order something above, you'll be charged with the difference between the drink cost + 18%. Also included in the package are frozen drinks, wine by the glass and specialty coffees and teas (in restaurants and Café al Bacio, fresh squeezed juices and bottled water. Your drink package will be marked on your seapass card with CALL (classic) or PALL (premium). Just order what you want. You may only order one drink per card at a time with the exception of if you order an alcoholic drink and a bottled water. If you and your travelling partner both are ordering, you'll need to hand over both cards. The beverage package is good all over the ship in all venues. You may order cappuccinos in a restaurant after dinner or a cocktail or wine in your dining venue for example.

• Like 2

We are also going on Celebrity for the first time and we have the classic drinks package. I read that there is a limit of 15 drinks a day. I imagine if you order coffees, water, soft drinks and alcoholic drinks it can add up. Is this correct there is a limit? Thank you.

1 hour ago, LondonTowner said:

We are also going on Celebrity for the first time and we have the classic drinks package. I read that there is a limit of 15 drinks a day. I imagine if you order coffees, water, soft drinks and alcoholic drinks it can add up. Is this correct there is a limit? Thank you.

There isn't a limit. You can only order one drink at a time per card however, the exception being if you are ordering an alcoholic drink you may also ask for a bottle of water. There also isn't a time limit between drink orders.

30 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

There isn't a limit. You can only order one drink at a time per card however, the exception being if you are ordering an alcoholic drink you may also ask for a bottle of water. There also isn't a time limit between drink orders.

I drink bourbon on the rocks.  Can you order a double? 

18 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

generally, no, only one at a time....but you'll find the occasional waiter/bartender who will give you either a double or an enhanced pour.

We put our deposit down!!!!  We're going on the Celebrity Reflection for a 10 day cruise, leaving on 11/29.  It was too hard to pass up the deal our travel agent was offering us.  November can't come fast enough!!

• Like 2

On 3/14/2019 at 9:36 AM, Luvcrusn said:

If wife is on room balcony and you go get two glasses of wine to take back to room , having her card and yours will they serve both drinks to you 

3 hours ago, 3carfan said:

If wife is on room balcony and you go get two glasses of wine to take back to room , having her card and yours will they serve both drinks to you 

As long as you have both cards you can order a drink for each of you. DH and I do that all the time.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 10:07 AM, mfs2k said:

On our last cruise, with premium package, my “go to” drink was Macallan. I was frequenly asked if i wanted a double. If i asked them if they needed my wifes card for that or was there an additional charge the bartender shook his head and said “its still one drink sir” I tookthe double every time.

• Like 1