Flights by Celebrity?

ChuckinSC

We've booked our flights through "Flights by Celebrity" departing from Atlanta and arriving in Santiago, Chile, the day of embarkation from the port of San Antonio, Chile.  This South America cruise takes place January, 2020.  My question is whether Celebrity will provide a transfer (for a fee, of course) between the airport and the port - it's about 1 1/2 hours from what I understand?  Yes, I know we're taking a risk arriving the day of departure but that was the only option using "Flights".  And yes, I could ask my TA but rather than bother her now I thought I'd ask here first.  Thanks! 

Different question about Flights By Celebrity.  We have a credit card with United that gives us double mileage, free luggage and priority boarding when we book a United flight using the credit card.  If we book Flights By Celebrity using this credit card is the flight payment charged by Celebrity or United? In other words who is the billing company?  We saw a good price to FLL on Flights By Celebrity but that savings would be eaten up by baggage fees if the charge is through Celebrity.

@CHEZMARYLOU, my understanding is that the flight is billed as Celebrity Cruises. Haven't yet experienced it to confirm, but I got one of the Celebrity Cruises Select VISA cards partly because of the bonus points offer they had in January when I did a new booking, but also because I was informed by a regular X passenger I know on another site that I would get the double points for booking the flight through Flights by Celebrity; she said it comes up as a Celebrity Cruises charge and therefore gets counted for the doubling.

3 hours ago, ChuckinSC said:

We've booked our flights through "Flights by Celebrity" departing from Atlanta and arriving in Santiago, Chile, the day of embarkation from the port of San Antonio, Chile.  This South America cruise takes place January, 2020.  My question is whether Celebrity will provide a transfer (for a fee, of course) between the airport and the port - it's about 1 1/2 hours from what I understand?  Yes, I know we're taking a risk arriving the day of departure but that was the only option using "Flights".  And yes, I could ask my TA but rather than bother her now I thought I'd ask here first.  Thanks! 

Just double checking that you are positive you have no other choice when you book with Flights by Celebrity.   The dates are automatically populated based on your cruise date, when searching using the app, you can usually change the date to stay longer at either end.

One big restriction is that you can't book a flight departing too close to disembarkation time.

And right now there seems to be the ability to book flights that are partially refundable after final payment and fully refundable before final payment - no deposit is required.

Pick the flights that you think you want from either your preferred airline or any other site and then see which options you prefer.

ChuckinSC

I'm not going to get into your day of Santiago flight but what I will suggest is that you monitor your flight from time to time for schedule and equipment changes that would allow you to either change or cancel your ticket.

There should be a shuttle to Port Antonio. There used to be one when they docked in Valparaiso.

CHEZMARYLOU,

Flights by Celebrity tickets are booked with Celebrity not individual passengers.

I don't fly United unless I am desperate but you can probably get your points and baggage fee waiver by inserting your frequent flyer number in your United online checkin. Most airlines do this. One caveat - if your ticket is issued under their most basic fare you may or may not get any or all of your points.

We booked Flights by celebrity for a western med in October 2019 about 3 weeks ago, and I booked for a departure 3 days before the cruise departs, so you may want to give them a call to see if you can do so, if you want.  Your concern seems mostly about transfers, but just in case! 🙂

We also booked with the “free change, nothing down” deal, and round trip airfare was really reasonable! 

Edited by hun

Thanks for the replies.  Since we are trying to build a few more points for 2 business class tickets to Alaska next year we'll book with United unless South West has non stop or lower priced options.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thanks for the replies.  Since we are trying to build a few more points for 2 business class tickets to Alaska next year we'll book with United unless South West has non stop or lower priced options.

Being based in SFO we fly United most of the time, but recently because of such good Business Class fares we have mostly been traveling on Delta   I've booked numerous times using ChoiceAir and always get my bonus points.  I mostly use the Chase Sapphire Card which gives 3x bonus points for all transportation (Cruise, Airlines, Hotels and even Uber).   Once you have your booking reference log onto United site and put in your Mileage Plus Number and select seats. 

The Sapphire card is expensive but for us is worth it as you get a $300 rebate on your first travel purchases each year, access to Priority Pass Lounges, Pays for Global Entry, Insures travel up to $10,000 pp. and of course the 3x points.    The nice thing about the points is they are Chase points but can be transferred to United, Air France, KLM, Southwest etc.