Edge - Deck Map (profile)?

cle-guy

13 minutes ago, cle-guy said:

S3 is $3100 pp on the charter.

I Heard they were having a hard time selling Edge and asked Atlantis to run a charter to help move inventory.  It wasn't announced till few months ago when usually they have cruise planned a year and half in advance.  Supposedly they are trying to maintain premium pricing on edge and sailing empty rather than bargain the cabins out.  That's why they added the perks, but fares remained almost unchanged recently.

Interesting - I thought the March 17 cruise was chartered a couple of years ago? Good deal on the S3!

This was the thread July 2017:

Edited by vtcruising

I was interested in the Charter dates b/c  we had  an Infinity  cruise cancelled a few yrs ago (we had to re arrange dates)...X dangled us for quite awhile , apparently while working  out the contract..

Ship was  chartered and used as a hotel for a big conference.  For awhile it was a reg thing... so we avoided that ship for the conf dates..

I know some ships are regularly chartered  for certain dates..best to avoid if possible!   By the time cruise is cancelled, often too late to find a  substitue for a good price..

Anyhow..hope the EDGE charter works out..guess that's one way to fill spaces... Another is to drop the fares or add more perks!

Edited by hcat

Yes, it's weird that they canceled all those people over a year and a half ago, but the charter was only announced a few months ago. Maybe someone else had originally chartered the ship and then switched to another ship?

We've been on both sides of the charters - we've been bumped from a cruise due to a charter and we have booked charters. It's a reality of cruising, but difficult for those who chose the perfect cabin and/or can't get other dates off from work. I remember a ship/hotel charter happening a few years ago for a Pacific Northwest cruise - they ended up decreasing the number of days of the cruise and let a company use the ship as a hotel for their conference in LA or San Fran, if I remember correctly.  Was that yours? I always hold my breath until my cruises are  less than a year out and then feel a little safer.

Yes, I really wish they would drop fares, but I guess they are keeping their strategy for now.

Guess off topic is ok???

Yup..it was an ABC cruise on Infinity..

After dangling us for  quite awhile X  wiped out sev cruises to accomodate the charter.  We saw the " finale" coming for our date,  and moved before the mess .. only cost $100 more and we secured the stateroom we desired.  Was a really  great ABC Halloween Cruise.  

Enjoyed the itin so we are going back on EDGE in Nov..!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Interesting - I thought the March 17 cruise was chartered a couple of years ago? Good deal on the S3!

This was the thread July 2017:

It was chartered some time ago... a friend told me about it last spring and they had expressed interest months earlier. I don't believe the 17th sailing was cancelled... I looked for it last year and noticed it was not on Celebrities list of available cruises....

I just noticed that the post about it being cancelled was June of 2017.....   As a side note, my friend did not hear back from Atlantis for the longest time and finally was able to officially book... I believe it was last December or early January...  I was thinking that perhaps Celebrity wanted to keep it themselves because they could likely get higher fees than what they offered to Atlantis. My friends paid $2000/pp about what we paid... for a C2 cabin... as I recall. I have noticed a drop off in threads about Edge... perhaps people are all talked out about the ship.

Unfortunately not a great picture, but saw it on the galley tour on the crew stairs when we went up a level to check out the bakery area. If anyone does a galley tour maybe they can get a better picture. 

1ECD58A9-3747-4962-8670-3FF9B6F09090.jpeg

Edited by cgolf1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Cle-guy,

We just rebooked our cruise that got cancelled due to Covid-19 to a Med cruise on the Edge ship next fall and we booked a Sky Suite Room 11174.  When I did a search on that room number I see that you have stayed in that same cabin.  Can you provide any feedback on the location of the cabin and if the orange rail for the Magic Carpet bothered you at all on the balcony?  I think having an extra window facing aft that you can see the whole starboard side of the ship would be a bonus, but I know a few people said they didn’t like the large orange MC rail on their balcony.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

13 hours ago, stevenwball said:

Hi Cle-guy,

We just rebooked our cruise that got cancelled due to Covid-19 to a Med cruise on the Edge ship next fall and we booked a Sky Suite Room 11174.  When I did a search on that room number I see that you have stayed in that same cabin.  Can you provide any feedback on the location of the cabin and if the orange rail for the Magic Carpet bothered you at all on the balcony?  I think having an extra window facing aft that you can see the whole starboard side of the ship would be a bonus, but I know a few people said they didn’t like the large orange MC rail on their balcony.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

you might check out this link... it is actually for cabin11160... which is just down the hall... similar cabin on the corner ..with side window... Cabin info 11160 they have included photos...which should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect... along with a review of the cabin

19 hours ago, stevenwball said:

Hi Cle-guy,

Thank you!

We really liked the large veranda.  It just made the room feel larger even though it was not an "infinite veranda" type wall.

The forward facing window (did you say aft? I swore forward, but either works) (that does not open) was quite nice as well, made it feel like a penthouse aft corner - almost LOL.  

But it was nice to stare ahead with no wind while at sail.  No sun but I'm not a "sunner".

you could hear the thing creaking and grinding when it moved, but it was so rare and during the day for such a short time, it wasn't bothersome, and was also something unique to occupy 30 minutes of the day!

I do wish the bed faced the windows was my only disappointment.

Edited by cle-guy

Thanks to you both for your replies.  I found another review of 11174 with photos of the balcony. It looks like the balcony’s side window does face the rear and it doesn't appear that there’s any obstruction to the view from the room (11160 is forward facing and looks like it does have somewhat of an obstructed view).  I feel like we got a great deal so we are going to stick with this room.  Thanks again!

image.jpeg

8180D0A0-3401-40ED-BD1E-CED423FD92F3.jpeg

C7DA5494-EA5F-4F76-A92D-D92DAFB2278C.jpeg