Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cle-guy

Edge - Deck Map (profile)?

Recommended Posts

Anyone have a good profile plan of Edge and what's on each deck?  Like the map you get when boarding or the ship models at the elevators?

 

Similar to this one for Infinity.

 

IMG_0387_0.JPG.8f496a0863988e090e68de1e467b63a2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not see anything like this onboard. I think they hope you will use the app... which has a deck plan but no profile like the one you are talking about. I am not one who generally uses my phone while on board... kinda the reason to cruise... to be unplugged. Edge seemed to be designed for people who sit at the table and text each other. In the beginning even trivia was played on the phone... I believe they have gone back to old school paper and pencil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1793156946_www.cruisedeckplans.com-deckplan.php-shipCelebrity-Edge.thumb.png.d54e66299569b81148b634b47e6479bb.png

 

From the site that shows cruise deckplans.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I also looked for profile view plans and never found any on edge. And as I have looked through the thousands of photographs that people have published I haven’t seen any there either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that, but I'm looking for the ship PROFILE, showing the decks stacked up on each other, like the side view of the ship, not the view from above.

When boarding on other ships usually you get a fold- up paper map to help you know what's where for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cruisestitch said:

 I also looked for profile view plans and never found any on edge. And as I have looked through the thousands of photographs that people have published I haven’t seen any there either


I was into the hundreds and hundreds, glad I stopped to ask LOL.

In an S3 Magic Carpet with aft facing veranda window Sunday for a week.  1st time.  Trying to get my bearings in advance 🙂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the closest I have seen here and it doesn't really point out where things are located on the ship picture:

image.png.6349a68938c991487624fb481b65c456.png

 

 

 

I was disappointed that they didn't have the ship signs by the elevators. They had this style instead. They were marked forward and aft, which was helpful. I referred to them all the time.

 

 

image.png.c6598dcd9cae50e8ad7b4a60461c2c47.png

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cle-guy said:


I was into the hundreds and hundreds, glad I stopped to ask LOL.

In an S3 Magic Carpet with aft facing veranda window Sunday for a week.  1st time.  Trying to get my bearings in advance 🙂  

That's great! Which deck, if you want to share? I am trying to map out the various S3's - pluses and minuses. I like the S3's personally, but am trying to hone in on the best ones. Can't wait to hear how you liked the S3 and the Edge.

 

I would just study the map Jim posted. I knew the ship's map like the back of my hand by the time I cruised and still got lost at first. The signs like the one above are by each elevator (at least I think they were) and really helped.

Edited by vtcruising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time no hear, Curt. Have you been sailing on other lines over the last few years? Last time we heard off you was when you were an X ambassador on that project that started. Please share experiences if you’ve been on other lines 😉.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

That's great! Which deck, if you want to share? I am trying to map out the various S3's - pluses and minuses. I like the S3's personally, but am trying to hone in on the best ones. Can't wait to hear how you liked the S3 and the Edge.

 

I would just study the map Jim posted. I knew the ship's map like the back of my hand by the time I cruised and still got lost at first. The signs like the one above are by each elevator (at least I think they were) and really helped.

11174, the back corner one with a window on veranda facing back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, villauk said:

Long time no hear, Curt. Have you been sailing on other lines over the last few years? Last time we heard off you was when you were an X ambassador on that project that started. Please share experiences if you’ve been on other lines 😉.

That program was fun for a month till they made it more pushing sales than answering questions.  So I got out fast.  But hat first month was really fun.

Had several NCL last minute deals I couldn't pass for my recent Crossings.  3 Epic Crossings, Escape for NYE, and Bliss in the middle someplace some friends happened to be on I showed up and surprised them on.  Don't Love Epic (but in the minority, I loved the cabin layout), LOVED Bliss, and Escape was 'meh'.  You get what you pay for though, and somehow they shake cash out of you everywhere to add to the low fare.  Their $120/day plus 20% tip drink package isn't as inclusive as Celebrity's $69 premium package as an example.  And if you get the drink package  "included as a perk" you still get billed the gratuity on it.  Nothing is "free" it seems  LOL.


RCL Harmony OTS for an Atlantis charter last spring.  Enjoyed the ship a lot.  I'd do it or the other biggies there again.


Also did Millie in Alaska in August last minute booked Monday, flew to Anchorage.  Weird story, had a captains table dinner and a guest there had pictures of us at a halloween party in the Reflection Suite from a crossing the prior year!  Small world really.

And here I'm back to my favorite Celebrity finally.  Suprisingly this Edge charter is actually fared cheaper than the Edge sailings before and after with Celebrity - and was even before they added in the4 perks even...!  Normally it's about a $400-$600 pp premium to Celebrity no perk fares.  

I was booked on Edge "Innaugural" then moved to the "new moved up inaugural" then got pissed when they added all those shortie cruises up front and this Charter happened to appear so I canceled and booked this.

And found good deals with lots of OBC for a B2B on Solstice to make it a TPAC Sydney to Vancouver 29 nights - leave April 12.  The airfare cost difference flying home from YVR versus HNL also helped make that decision!

Finally RCL VisionOTS Med this fall, happens a bunch of friends were going and had a spot to fill.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cle-guy said:

11174, the back corner one with a window on veranda facing back.

I do like the ones with the balcony windows. I'm not sure if you have been following any of the reviews, but the end ones do have the orange beam in the corners (MC rail). It has bothered some and not others.  I think I could get used to it and enjoy the lovely huge balcony. Hope you have a wonderful time! 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vtcruising said:

I do like the ones with the balcony windows. I'm not sure if you have been following any of the reviews, but the end ones do have the orange beam in the corners (MC rail). It has bothered some and not others.  I think I could get used to it and enjoy the lovely huge balcony. Hope you have a wonderful time! 🙂

 

 

I read that.  I've never been one for the views really so am not at all concerned.  They are everywhere out of the cabin, right?  I am upset to find the bed faces wall, not to sea.  that was one of my favorite parts of the 2BR Family villa on NCL Epic.  The forward facing out the window bed.  Originally I was sure I had seen drawing of the MC and Sky suite with bed facing out....

And also reading how confusing it an be to see which S2/S1 have Bed to sea/wall..... but that's a whole thing.

Unless I get a deal, I'm happy in an inside the days  LOL.  Exception being verandas with whirlpools and showers....

My TPAC coming is an Ocean View, and managed same cabin for B2B as well.  Waiting for upgrade opportunities though, certainly. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant, glad to hear that you’ve still been cruising. The megaships on Royal can provide some fantastic cruises, especially on the entertainment side. At least you have booked a suite on Edge as reading many of the reviews for the IV’s, they haven’t been the best. And I’m not surprised that you got a cheaper rate with the charter than on X direct - pricing has been off the stratosphere  🙈. The Solstice sailing sounds fabulous - enjoy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Any chance you can email this --  it's exactly what I wan't but can't read this too well and it won't blow up

 

image.png.6349a68938c991487624fb481b65c456.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were disappointed at the lack of the   diagram you referred to..esp for a new ship that does not follow past deck plans.  You will get the one

 Vt posted when you board.  Even so it will take awhile to figure it all out...esp the various ups and downs...like the Century...

 

I took along  the  color deck plans  from the brochure and  they came in handy!

 

What are the dates  and itin for the charter and do you think it will be an annual event? Did not think EDGE would be chartered so soon...

 

Enjoy your cruise.!

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cle-guy said:

I read that.  I've never been one for the views really so am not at all concerned.  They are everywhere out of the cabin, right?  I am upset to find the bed faces wall, not to sea.  that was one of my favorite parts of the 2BR Family villa on NCL Epic.  The forward facing out the window bed.  Originally I was sure I had seen drawing of the MC and Sky suite with bed facing out....

And also reading how confusing it an be to see which S2/S1 have Bed to sea/wall..... but that's a whole thing.

Unless I get a deal, I'm happy in an inside the days  LOL.  Exception being verandas with whirlpools and showers....

My TPAC coming is an Ocean View, and managed same cabin for B2B as well.  Waiting for upgrade opportunities though, certainly. 🙂

Yes, they originally said all of the SS beds would face the water. I was on one of the first cruises so wasn't sure if my port side S1 would have it facing the wall or water. I was happy that it did face the water - loved it more than I thought I would. My S1 aft then had the bed against the side wall. The S1 afts and S3's are against the side walls and all of the S2's and all of the S1's except the 12 aft S1's all have the beds facing the water. The 3 designs have different sized  living areas and baths and are arranged differently. My guess is that the beds would not fit facing the water in the S3's and S1 afts so they had to turn them around. They must have miscalculated somewhere along the line.

 

This post has some pictures of the S3 on the other corner from yours:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609144-edge-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/?do=findComment&comment=56713553

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cle-guy said:

 

When I blew it up it was hard to read, but I can send it and see if you have better luck. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cle-guy said:

Anyone have a good profile plan of Edge and what's on each deck?  Like the map you get when boarding or the ship models at the elevators?

 

Similar to this one for Infinity.

 

IMG_0387_0.JPG.8f496a0863988e090e68de1e467b63a2.JPG

I was at Customer relations when an older lady asked for a map, they told her to use her phone, but after she told them that she does not own a phone,  they gave her a small map. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason the charter is cheaper than non-charter is that the company likely booked it immediately after release (maybe was in the works before the cabins were even released). My S1 purchased on day 1 was $5998 for two, including Go Best. When I sailed, they were selling for $12000. I imagine the charter company paid closer to the original cost cost (I know they buy the whole ship, but just thinking per cabin cost).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot about the app map, Fun Redhead. I did use that quite a bit, but mostly to find the rest rooms. They were hard to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Celebrity App is interactive on the Edge even without the internet package.  It has a great deck plan on it.  I like having the App to check deck plans, reservations and charges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go on cruisedeckplans.com, you can pull up the deck plans for the Edge.  At the bottom of the page, there is the option to make a PDF of the deck plans.  You can do up to 5 decks at a time and then print off to study later, take with you, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fun Redhead said:

I was at Customer relations when an older lady asked for a map, they told her to use her phone, but after she told them that she does not own a phone,  they gave her a small map. 

Good to know...not everyone wants to carry  a phone..!

The sheets OP mentioned are very compact and helpful

Hope they bring them back....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I think the reason the charter is cheaper than non-charter is that the company likely booked it immediately after release (maybe was in the works before the cabins were even released). My S1 purchased on day 1 was $5998 for two, including Go Best. When I sailed, they were selling for $12000. I imagine the charter company paid closer to the original cost cost (I know they buy the whole ship, but just thinking per cabin cost).

S3 is $3100 pp on the charter.

I Heard they were having a hard time selling Edge and asked Atlantis to run a charter to help move inventory.  It wasn't announced till few months ago when usually they have cruise planned a year and half in advance.  Supposedly they are trying to maintain premium pricing on edge and sailing empty rather than bargain the cabins out.  That's why they added the perks, but fares remained almost unchanged recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...