Edge - Deck Map (profile)?

cle-guy

I did not see anything like this onboard. I think they hope you will use the app... which has a deck plan but no profile like the one you are talking about. I am not one who generally uses my phone while on board... kinda the reason to cruise... to be unplugged. Edge seemed to be designed for people who sit at the table and text each other. In the beginning even trivia was played on the phone... I believe they have gone back to old school paper and pencil.

Thanks for that, but I'm looking for the ship PROFILE, showing the decks stacked up on each other, like the side view of the ship, not the view from above.

When boarding on other ships usually you get a fold- up paper map to help you know what's where for example.

Just now, cruisestitch said:

I also looked for profile view plans and never found any on edge. And as I have looked through the thousands of photographs that people have published I haven’t seen any there either

I was into the hundreds and hundreds, glad I stopped to ask LOL.

In an S3 Magic Carpet with aft facing veranda window Sunday for a week.  1st time.  Trying to get my bearings in advance 🙂  

This is the closest I have seen here and it doesn't really point out where things are located on the ship picture:

image.png.6349a68938c991487624fb481b65c456.png

I was disappointed that they didn't have the ship signs by the elevators. They had this style instead. They were marked forward and aft, which was helpful. I referred to them all the time.

image.png.c6598dcd9cae50e8ad7b4a60461c2c47.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, cle-guy said:

I was into the hundreds and hundreds, glad I stopped to ask LOL.

In an S3 Magic Carpet with aft facing veranda window Sunday for a week.  1st time.  Trying to get my bearings in advance 🙂  

That's great! Which deck, if you want to share? I am trying to map out the various S3's - pluses and minuses. I like the S3's personally, but am trying to hone in on the best ones. Can't wait to hear how you liked the S3 and the Edge.

I would just study the map Jim posted. I knew the ship's map like the back of my hand by the time I cruised and still got lost at first. The signs like the one above are by each elevator (at least I think they were) and really helped.

Edited by vtcruising

Long time no hear, Curt. Have you been sailing on other lines over the last few years? Last time we heard off you was when you were an X ambassador on that project that started. Please share experiences if you’ve been on other lines 😉.

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

That's great! Which deck, if you want to share? I am trying to map out the various S3's - pluses and minuses. I like the S3's personally, but am trying to hone in on the best ones. Can't wait to hear how you liked the S3 and the Edge.

I would just study the map Jim posted. I knew the ship's map like the back of my hand by the time I cruised and still got lost at first. The signs like the one above are by each elevator (at least I think they were) and really helped.

11174, the back corner one with a window on veranda facing back.

2 minutes ago, villauk said:

Long time no hear, Curt. Have you been sailing on other lines over the last few years? Last time we heard off you was when you were an X ambassador on that project that started. Please share experiences if you’ve been on other lines 😉.

That program was fun for a month till they made it more pushing sales than answering questions.  So I got out fast.  But hat first month was really fun.

Had several NCL last minute deals I couldn't pass for my recent Crossings.  3 Epic Crossings, Escape for NYE, and Bliss in the middle someplace some friends happened to be on I showed up and surprised them on.  Don't Love Epic (but in the minority, I loved the cabin layout), LOVED Bliss, and Escape was 'meh'.  You get what you pay for though, and somehow they shake cash out of you everywhere to add to the low fare.  Their $120/day plus 20% tip drink package isn't as inclusive as Celebrity's $69 premium package as an example.  And if you get the drink package  "included as a perk" you still get billed the gratuity on it.  Nothing is "free" it seems  LOL.

RCL Harmony OTS for an Atlantis charter last spring.  Enjoyed the ship a lot.  I'd do it or the other biggies there again.

Also did Millie in Alaska in August last minute booked Monday, flew to Anchorage.  Weird story, had a captains table dinner and a guest there had pictures of us at a halloween party in the Reflection Suite from a crossing the prior year!  Small world really.

And here I'm back to my favorite Celebrity finally.  Suprisingly this Edge charter is actually fared cheaper than the Edge sailings before and after with Celebrity - and was even before they added in the4 perks even...!  Normally it's about a $400-$600 pp premium to Celebrity no perk fares.  

I was booked on Edge "Innaugural" then moved to the "new moved up inaugural" then got pissed when they added all those shortie cruises up front and this Charter happened to appear so I canceled and booked this.

And found good deals with lots of OBC for a B2B on Solstice to make it a TPAC Sydney to Vancouver 29 nights - leave April 12.  The airfare cost difference flying home from YVR versus HNL also helped make that decision!

Finally RCL VisionOTS Med this fall, happens a bunch of friends were going and had a spot to fill.

5 minutes ago, cle-guy said:

11174, the back corner one with a window on veranda facing back.

I do like the ones with the balcony windows. I'm not sure if you have been following any of the reviews, but the end ones do have the orange beam in the corners (MC rail). It has bothered some and not others.  I think I could get used to it and enjoy the lovely huge balcony. Hope you have a wonderful time! 🙂

Just now, vtcruising said:

I do like the ones with the balcony windows. I'm not sure if you have been following any of the reviews, but the end ones do have the orange beam in the corners (MC rail). It has bothered some and not others.  I think I could get used to it and enjoy the lovely huge balcony. Hope you have a wonderful time! 🙂

I read that.  I've never been one for the views really so am not at all concerned.  They are everywhere out of the cabin, right?  I am upset to find the bed faces wall, not to sea.  that was one of my favorite parts of the 2BR Family villa on NCL Epic.  The forward facing out the window bed.  Originally I was sure I had seen drawing of the MC and Sky suite with bed facing out....

And also reading how confusing it an be to see which S2/S1 have Bed to sea/wall..... but that's a whole thing.

Unless I get a deal, I'm happy in an inside the days  LOL.  Exception being verandas with whirlpools and showers....

My TPAC coming is an Ocean View, and managed same cabin for B2B as well.  Waiting for upgrade opportunities though, certainly. 🙂

Brilliant, glad to hear that you’ve still been cruising. The megaships on Royal can provide some fantastic cruises, especially on the entertainment side. At least you have booked a suite on Edge as reading many of the reviews for the IV’s, they haven’t been the best. And I’m not surprised that you got a cheaper rate with the charter than on X direct - pricing has been off the stratosphere  🙈. The Solstice sailing sounds fabulous - enjoy! 

We were disappointed at the lack of the   diagram you referred to..esp for a new ship that does not follow past deck plans.  You will get the one

Vt posted when you board.  Even so it will take awhile to figure it all out...esp the various ups and downs...like the Century...

I took along  the  color deck plans  from the brochure and  they came in handy!

What are the dates  and itin for the charter and do you think it will be an annual event? Did not think EDGE would be chartered so soon...

Enjoy your cruise.!

Edited by hcat

5 minutes ago, cle-guy said:

I read that.  I've never been one for the views really so am not at all concerned.  They are everywhere out of the cabin, right?  I am upset to find the bed faces wall, not to sea.  that was one of my favorite parts of the 2BR Family villa on NCL Epic.  The forward facing out the window bed.  Originally I was sure I had seen drawing of the MC and Sky suite with bed facing out....

And also reading how confusing it an be to see which S2/S1 have Bed to sea/wall..... but that's a whole thing.

Unless I get a deal, I'm happy in an inside the days  LOL.  Exception being verandas with whirlpools and showers....

My TPAC coming is an Ocean View, and managed same cabin for B2B as well.  Waiting for upgrade opportunities though, certainly. 🙂

Yes, they originally said all of the SS beds would face the water. I was on one of the first cruises so wasn't sure if my port side S1 would have it facing the wall or water. I was happy that it did face the water - loved it more than I thought I would. My S1 aft then had the bed against the side wall. The S1 afts and S3's are against the side walls and all of the S2's and all of the S1's except the 12 aft S1's all have the beds facing the water. The 3 designs have different sized  living areas and baths and are arranged differently. My guess is that the beds would not fit facing the water in the S3's and S1 afts so they had to turn them around. They must have miscalculated somewhere along the line.

This post has some pictures of the S3 on the other corner from yours:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609144-edge-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/?do=findComment&comment=56713553

3 hours ago, cle-guy said:

Anyone have a good profile plan of Edge and what's on each deck?  Like the map you get when boarding or the ship models at the elevators?

Similar to this one for Infinity.

IMG_0387_0.JPG.8f496a0863988e090e68de1e467b63a2.JPG

I was at Customer relations when an older lady asked for a map, they told her to use her phone, but after she told them that she does not own a phone,  they gave her a small map. 

I think the reason the charter is cheaper than non-charter is that the company likely booked it immediately after release (maybe was in the works before the cabins were even released). My S1 purchased on day 1 was $5998 for two, including Go Best. When I sailed, they were selling for $12000. I imagine the charter company paid closer to the original cost cost (I know they buy the whole ship, but just thinking per cabin cost).

If you go on cruisedeckplans.com, you can pull up the deck plans for the Edge.  At the bottom of the page, there is the option to make a PDF of the deck plans.  You can do up to 5 decks at a time and then print off to study later, take with you, etc.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fun Redhead said:

I was at Customer relations when an older lady asked for a map, they told her to use her phone, but after she told them that she does not own a phone,  they gave her a small map. 

Good to know...not everyone wants to carry  a phone..!

The sheets OP mentioned are very compact and helpful

Hope they bring them back....

5 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I think the reason the charter is cheaper than non-charter is that the company likely booked it immediately after release (maybe was in the works before the cabins were even released). My S1 purchased on day 1 was $5998 for two, including Go Best. When I sailed, they were selling for $12000. I imagine the charter company paid closer to the original cost cost (I know they buy the whole ship, but just thinking per cabin cost).

S3 is $3100 pp on the charter.

I Heard they were having a hard time selling Edge and asked Atlantis to run a charter to help move inventory.  It wasn't announced till few months ago when usually they have cruise planned a year and half in advance.  Supposedly they are trying to maintain premium pricing on edge and sailing empty rather than bargain the cabins out.  That's why they added the perks, but fares remained almost unchanged recently.