Sports Bar on Harmony of the Seas

11 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

No Playmakers on Harmony..

But on any other ship..its free to go in...you pay for food you want to order....

Thanks, I thought that the explanation I was given sounded hinky. I'm really looking forward to sailing on a ship that has either the Playmakers or the Bamboo Room. I sometimes get a serious jones for chicken wings and that's one of the few types of food that has not been traditionally served on cruise ships. 

• Like 1

I am with you 100%..I LOVE some pub wings with beer and always missed that cruising with Royal.

Had playmakers on Marnier..and loved it..wings are good. Not a bad price either from what I remember. Always a fairly good crowd in their too.

As for Bamboo room..it was a real miss on our cruise. DEAD....boring..and while the drinks sounded good..no one in our party even drank half of them they were so.....not good.

But the concept and look of the Bamboo room is cool..so hopefully it was a one off.

I am disappointed that Harmony has neither as I have Harmony booked for Nov.

Wow, so it sounds like they're maybe trying too hard with the tiki drinks. They do require a light hand. Maybe what they need in there are some hula dancers or some other kind of retro entertainment. TIki bars are, when done right, the best of bars.  

We LOVED Playmakers on Indy last week - great concept, decent menu when you don't feel like going anywhere else (and I'm saying this a vegan who modified the nacho platter) and good drink menu and my group felt some of the best mixed drinks on the ship!  Not to mention better beer options than I've had on a ship in a long time - especially on draft, Grapefruit Sculpin was why we stopped and stayed a few hours when we got on board 🙂  We also had fun playing cornhole and watching the many tvs and sporting events!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickinStl said:

If Harmony had a Playmakers I’d be divorced lol.. my wife hates sports and sports bars lol

Sometimes it works if you can spin it that you're just giving her some well deserved alone time! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by theotherchad
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, theotherchad said:

Yes, and I'm also curious as to how Playmakers works. Someone told me that they had a cover charge just to go in, but that food was (as in Wings) included, kind of like at Johnny Rockets.

Playmakers didn’t have a cover charge on Symphony.  Food was at a low ala cart rate, and we could use our drink package there 🙂

• Thanks 1