Currently on Royal Princess - first time with Princess!

AllureOfVacation

I concur with everyone about the forward facing cabins.  They are wonderful.  We have cruised on both the Royal Princess and the Regal Princess and have always booked either L106, L108 or M108.  The only reason the are considered obstructed view is because they do not have the glass frontage that the side cabins have.  One other note on these cabins is that the ones on the Lido deck are really private as the sanctuary is above you and because the glass that surrounds the sanctuary is set back no one can see you from above.  If you are staying in one of the Marina deck forward facing cabins you can be viewed from the Lido deck forward facing cabins if you are at the rail.   Also, if you are in M108 or M107, you can be seen when out on the far side by the whole length of the ship.   It is also a bit more windy on the sides of M108 and M107 as they are exposed a bit more.  These are all awesome cabins.  

Happy cruising to everyone!!

On 3/15/2019 at 1:25 PM, Gorilla Girl said:

I concur with everyone about the forward facing cabins.  They are wonderful.  We have cruised on both the Royal Princess and the Regal Princess and have always booked either L106, L108 or M108.  The only reason the are considered obstructed view is because they do not have the glass frontage that the side cabins have.  One other note on these cabins is that the ones on the Lido deck are really private as the sanctuary is above you and because the glass that surrounds the sanctuary is set back no one can see you from above.  If you are staying in one of the Marina deck forward facing cabins you can be viewed from the Lido deck forward facing cabins if you are at the rail.   Also, if you are in M108 or M107, you can be seen when out on the far side by the whole length of the ship.   It is also a bit more windy on the sides of M108 and M107 as they are exposed a bit more.  These are all awesome cabins.  

Happy cruising to everyone!!

I am in a M 108 on Royal in April. I booked the balcony dinner. I read on CC that you are not allowed on your balcony when the ship is at sea. Did you find this to be true?

42 minutes ago, MoyCoy said:

I am in a M 108 on Royal in April. I booked the balcony dinner. I read on CC that you are not allowed on your balcony when the ship is at sea. Did you find this to be true?

We board the Royal on Sat, I will let you know...unless someone has already been in that stateroom and knows the answer.

5 hours ago, MoyCoy said:

There is no actual restriction just in print.  We do a lot of cruising on the Royal in M108/107, the last cruise being last month. Balcony dinner for M108/107 is best done in port just before sailing so as to have no wind issues.

There are 3 scenarios when M108/107 balcony is really special.  Coming in and out of port, in port and at sea with a tail wind so as to have no wind over the balcony.

Edited by Todd320

On 3/14/2019 at 9:39 AM, Georgie562 said:

image.png.0955274bf68d3ff8bee293ad37c6271d.png

This is the one!

My excitement is just building up.

Are you using the MedallionNet internet?

Wow! We have M108 on the 4/6 sailing, and this is the best photo I've seen of how it looks.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 3:59 PM, Cinerama said:

We will be in cabin L101 on our next cruise. First time in a forward facing cabin.

L101/102 are the best value cabins on the Royal class ships!  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

I want to share an interesting point about our cabin M101.

There is no other cabin door next to ours. The only door next to it leads to the small corridor to the outside of the ships technical equipment you can see from the balcony.

With no other cabin door directly besides, Mr. and Mrs. Doorslammer will have no chance! You will not be in their door-circus-in-slam-out-slam-show.

Yes, sometimes it happens that the door shuts loudly, but it is so easy to shut the door gently.

CEF9AC8A-EB26-460B-BC93-5D363FB7B834.jpeg

Edited by AllureOfVacation

"Allure",

If you get the chance, could you snap a photo of the wine list in Vines and/or dining rooms and post it?  It would be helpful for planning since it appears to have been changing over the last few months.

Enjoy the last week of your trip!

28 minutes ago, KurtMo said:

"Allure",

If you get the chance, could you snap a photo of the wine list in Vines and/or dining rooms and post it?  It would be helpful for planning since it appears to have been changing over the last few months.

Enjoy the last week of your trip!

I was just at Vines but they have no menu out yet.

I will check back again later for you

21 hours ago, AllureOfVacation said:

I was just at Vines but they have no menu out yet.

I will check back again later for you

Thanks Allure; appreciate a photo or two if you find a list.

We were in E108 on our January cruise on the Royal.  The only thing you need to be aware of is that if sees are rough or choppy, you feel it MUCH more at the front of the ship.  I am absolutely not prone to sea sickness, but on the day the ship was experiencing some rocking we finally left the cabin and went to do other activities as it felt much worse in the cabin.

The Royal is my favorite ship I have ever sailed on!!  The thing that spoiled me the most (after all the awesome entertainment was over for the evening) were those amazing TV’s!  I am a night owl and do love to watch TV in bed!  It’s a treat for me, as my hubby and I have been married for almost 46 yrs, and have never had a TV in our bedroom!! 😉😉

1 hour ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

I'll be in M103 in April.  How is the movement?  And is it very windy when the ship is at sea? 

The seas on this segment of the cruise were mostly calm. But yesterday a storm was announced via the interkom.

It was a lot of movement up here! The cabin you mention is next to ours. But for me the movement was not much more than on other ships in other cabin locations.

We did not even try to get on the balcony during the storm...

We had some moments when we were not able to use the balcony because of wind, but I have already been on the balcony for countless hours. Today and yesterday there was almost no wind

Edited by AllureOfVacation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ctompkins said:

The Royal is my favorite ship I have ever sailed on!!  The thing that spoiled me the most (after all the awesome entertainment was over for the evening) were those amazing TV’s!  I am a night owl and do love to watch TV in bed!  It’s a treat for me, as my hubby and I have been married for almost 46 yrs, and have never had a TV in our bedroom!! 😉😉

We watched all Loveboat episodes they have on demand 😉

The TV and the video on demand selection is really good

4 hours ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

I'll be in M103 in April.  How is the movement?  And is it very windy when the ship is at sea? 

The least movement in the ship will be towards the center on the lower decks.

The most movement will be at the front or rear on the highest decks.

(Hold a pencil in the middle and make the ends go up and down to simulate what happens on a ship. The middle will barely move.)

With M103 being almost at the top and at the front, when the ship is experiencing rough seas, M103 will be one of the cabins feeling them the most.

• Like 1