Discrepancy between sail time on latest invoice & on app

cruise kitty

Hi,  on our latest invoice from when we changed cabins, the sail time is listed as 9 pm

The app currently states all aboard at 2:30 pm & sail away party at 4:30

Can't figure out who's right...   we were planning on checking in & dropping off our bags at our 11 am check in time (this it what is on our express pass in the app)  then heading back into Dublin for several hours.   

Appreciate any insight into the correct times. 

9 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I would be inclined to ring Celebrity ( or get your TA to do it).

All you will get is speculation here.

Celebrity need to be informed of the discrepancy.

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I found so much incorrect information on the app I would never trust it.  I agree that the best course is to call Celebrity.

Thanks to both of you, I think I'll wait a few more weeks & give them a call.  I know it's still early, but we're flying out a few weeks before the cruise leaves so I'd to have a better idea of when we're going.   There are people on our roll call who don't plan on arriving until later & that's also a concern.  

You didn't mention which ship and date you are sailing.

I found many discrepancies on Celebrity Site.   One that comes to mind was a Pre-Cruise Alaska 3 day tour prior to a sailing.   The itinerary had us arriving back in Seward 2 days after the cruise left.  

10 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Thanks to both of you, I think I'll wait a few more weeks & give them a call.  I know it's still early, but we're flying out a few weeks before the cruise leaves so I'd to have a better idea of when we're going.   There are people on our roll call who don't plan on arriving until later & that's also a concern.  

For another data point, you could check the port schedule. They typically display expected arrival and departure times for each ship. 

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You didn't mention which ship and date you are sailing.

I found many discrepancies on Celebrity Site.   One that comes to mind was a Pre-Cruise Alaska 3 day tour prior to a sailing.   The itinerary had us arriving back in Seward 2 days after the cruise left.  

Hi, we're on the Reflection 16th of May out of Dublin :)

6 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

For another data point, you could check the port schedule. They typically display expected arrival and departure times for each ship. 

That's actually a brilliant idea, going to check right now.  Thanks!

Edit to add:  it shows us there until 10:15 at night so I'm going with the later departure time, but I'll still check in at 11 in the morning :)

Edited by cruise kitty

13 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

That's actually a brilliant idea, going to check right now.  Thanks!

Edit to add:  it shows us there until 10:15 at night so I'm going with the later departure time, but I'll still check in at 11 in the morning 🙂

Great! If I’ve saved a fellow traveler half an hour on hold with Celebrity, my work here is done😊 I hope you have a great time! We’ll be aboard next year for a Fjords cruise from Dublin. 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

We are on the June 3rd cruise and your information is correct. It has to do with the manifest. You can make arrangements to leave the ship & miss muster but you will still be required to make up the muster drill the next day. We have people on our cruise with the same issue. Make sure you get WRITTEN permission to do this so there are no issues. Check our roll call - there has been a lot of discussion regarding this issue. 

1 minute ago, BellKat said:

We are on the June 3rd cruise and your information is correct. It has to do with the manifest. You can make arrangements to leave the ship & miss muster but you will still be required to make up the muster drill the next day. We have people on our cruise with the same issue. Make sure you get WRITTEN permission to do this so there are no issues. Check our roll call - there has been a lot of discussion regarding this issue. 

thank you, BellKat, if you don't mind I'm going to lurk on your roll call a bit :)  I don't like the idea of missing muster, even if I have permission, I think we'll drop off early & then just be back before the 3:30 muster.   Either that or we'll just board & head straight to the pool, which is what DH will probably want to do :)

1 minute ago, cruise kitty said:

thank you, BellKat, if you don't mind I'm going to lurk on your roll call a bit 🙂  I don't like the idea of missing muster, even if I have permission, I think we'll drop off early & then just be back before the 3:30 muster.   Either that or we'll just board & head straight to the pool, which is what DH will probably want to do 🙂

Lurk away! We have quite a few very knowledgeable people, or people who are willing to delve into issues, on our roll call. Plus a couple of travel agents 😉

17 minutes ago, BellKat said:

Lurk away! We have quite a few very knowledgeable people, or people who are willing to delve into issues, on our roll call. Plus a couple of travel agents 😉

I love Celebrity on board, but the pre cruise, yikes!   When I did our express passes there was a choice of boarding times, anywhere from 10 to 4:30 pm... an hour after the muster drill is scheduled & two hours after the official "all aboard" time  :(   I'm picturing a lot of last minute emails from Celebrity to people who choose times after 2:30 

I just hope this doesn't result in anyone being denied boarding for checking in after the manifest is closed.    I read the test message chain from someone on your cruise to the Celebrity employee, & it seems to me that Celebrity is not aware of the time discrepancies which might result in a bit of a shamble.