Taking drinks onboard.

leebarnfield2003

I think it's allowed to take one bottle of wine/champagne each on board on P and O cruises, does anyone know if I can split this into several mini bottles? I don't want my fizz to go flat!

Edited by Geggey
missed out P and O

1 hour ago, Geggey said:

I think it's allowed to take one bottle of wine/champagne each on board on P and O cruises, does anyone know if I can split this into several mini bottles? I don't want my fizz to go flat!

The limit is 1 litre each so I don't see why you can't decant into quanties that are more manageable,  I've posted a link that may be of some help.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/alcohol

Just to add you can take as much soft drinks on as you like if your carrying it on or as your luggage allowance allows.

Edited by ozzysdad

1 hour ago, Geggey said:

It is a actually spirits or wine.

Edited by terrierjohn

The guidance on the website only states 1 litre of wine or spirits, so I would imagine that as long as you don't exceed a litre, they will not be bothered as to how many bottles it is contained in.

Of course, the other option is to use a champagne saver - depending how long you want the fizz & freshness to last :-).

6 hours ago, docco said:

That's an excellent idea!  Even more so if they're happy to do it!

We usually ask to have the minibar emptied and the stewards have always been very obliging.

We fill it with our own water and grab and go desserts for midnight snacking...

Andy

• Haha 1

“Bringing alcohol onboard at embarkation: Each passenger, aged 18 or older, is allowed to bring one bottle of wine, Champagne, beer, spirits or liqueur up to one liter in size at embarkation. Additional alcohol will be held until the end of the cruise. Alcohol consumed in restaurants, bars or public lounges is subject to a £20 corkage charge; there is no corkage fee if consumed in passengers' cabins.”

As per the policy above above strictly speaking “some “ mini bottles are not allowed as you can only take on 1 bottle of wine (which is silly compared to the 1 litre of spirits but that is the rule).

In reality I don’t think that many people have been picked up on taking on a reasonable amount like a few mini bottles, but others may know differently.

This is the answer on the FAQ, it states one litre per over 18 years passenger but not one bottle so I will print this and take it with me! Not a problem if they hold on to it till the end of the cruise but its a treat to have a tipple when getting ready to go for dinner.

"Each guest aged 18 years (21 years in United States of America and United Arab Emirates ports) and older may bring up to 1 ‭litre of wine, Champagne, beer, spirit or liqueur on board as they embark the ship for the first time ‭only. Alcohol over the 1 litre limit will be stored and returned to the guest prior to the end of the ‭cruise.
Wine brought on board may be consumed in the dining rooms, bars, restaurants, or lounge areas, but will be ‭subject to a corkage fee of £20 per bottle*, per occasion which will be charged to the guests' on-‭board account. Spirits or liquor brought on board can only be consumed in guests' cabins."