Royston is amazing!

goldgirl2

We did a tour with Royston a couple of weeks ago. It was hands down the absolute best tour I have ever been on. His van is not new or fancy but it was the best vehicle because Royston was driving. He took us places that no tour will ever take you. I will not ruin the surprise by saying where we went and what we did. Tip him a lot of money!  He charges $45 and he buys you an amazing lunch and take you in a picnic. He pays all entry fees. We tipped him $60. His tour was worth $100. He is a wonderful man. It was the best day of our cruise. It would do this tour again and again. 

15 hours ago, goldgirl2 said:

We did a tour with Royston a couple of weeks ago. It was hands down the absolute best tour I have ever been on. His van is not new or fancy but it was the best vehicle because Royston was driving. He took us places that no tour will ever take you. I will not ruin the surprise by saying where we went and what we did. Tip him a lot of money!  He charges $45 and he buys you an amazing lunch and take you in a picnic. He pays all entry fees. We tipped him $60. His tour was worth $100. He is a wonderful man. It was the best day of our cruise. It would do this tour again and again. 

Before booking a tour, I like a general idea where it may be taking us.  What may be great for one person/group may not be great for a different person/great.  So saying "I will not ruin the surprise by saying where we went and what we did" doesn't help your marketing effort on his behalf.

Perhaps you can ruin the surprise, and I may consider him on our upcoming cruise.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NKLCRUISES said:

I agree. Roysten is the best off the beaten path tour driver in the Caribbean. If you want the cookie cutter tour, then book elsewhere, from the cruise line excursion desk I suppose. 

Whether you agree or not isn't the point here. Would you really book a tour that you have no idea where you're going or what to expect ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 1:45 AM, Ashland said:

Whether you agree or not isn't the point here. Would you really book a tour that you have no idea where you're going or what to expect ? 

There are plenty of excellent reviews and tons of feedback on Royston on this site and Trip A_____. Sounds like you need to stay with overly priced  ship excursions so you can follow the mass of other visitors to each location.  Some people do their homework....maybe you should research a little?? I will be with Royston in 2 weeks. Thenford Grey is another excellent option

16 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

There are plenty of excellent reviews and tons of feedback on Royston on this site and Trip A_____. Sounds like you need to stay with overly priced  ship excursions so you can follow the mass of other visitors to each location.  Some people do their homework....maybe you should research a little?? I will be with Royston in 2 weeks. Thenford Grey is another excellent option

Hmmmm.....Not sure why you quoted my post. I certainly didn't recommend a ship booked excursion.....I do recommend Thenford Gray and toured with him last just September !!

Next time you want to quote a post...do some research yourself...like reading them !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I am researching a private tour, and we will be 4, including my 80's parents. This is for the Anthem next January.

I do need a little more info on the Royston tour, although if we booked him privately, I'm sure he would accommodate the seniors (No scooters, no walkers, mentally delightful, just my Mom is a bit slower on the walking...) What is the max for the van? Is the pickup VERY near the ship? That's what I'm most concerned with, with my Mom. Thanks for your advice and guidance.

We have used Royston several times over the years. He only books private tours and he will not be adding additional people to YOUR tour. He will meet you at the port and it will be a short walk to his van. His van will easily accommodate you group. 

On 4/19/2019 at 9:12 PM, Terry in NJ said:

Hi! I am researching a private tour, and we will be 4, including my 80's parents. This is for the Anthem next January.

I do need a little more info on the Royston tour, although if we booked him privately, I'm sure he would accommodate the seniors (No scooters, no walkers, mentally delightful, just my Mom is a bit slower on the walking...) What is the max for the van? Is the pickup VERY near the ship? That's what I'm most concerned with, with my Mom. Thanks for your advice and guidance.

Yes Royston will add people to your group.  Usually he will take around 8 people.  We have used him twice and he has added people each time.  We were a group of 4 one time.  We adore Royston and his island.  This should be perfect for your mother as he drives his van everywhere for you to see things.  The steps to Brimstone may be too much for her though. 

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, muchovino said:

Thanks for your review.  I understand that Royston's van is not fancy, but is it air-conditioned?

No his van is not airconditioned but he has every window taken out of the van.  My wife was very hesitant when I booked this tour the first time because she felt it would be too hot for her.  With the winds and constant moving of the van with the windows out, I enjoyed it much better than a van with air, jmo.  My wife enjoyed it so much that when we took our kids to St. Kitts, a few years later, she wanted to do it again.

Jealous of you all.  Have tried to book with him 2 years in a row in mid May and both times he was in the States with family.

He owes me a free tour for having to cancel on us twice now lol . . . .nah he gave me a heads up both times that it could be a problem and have backup plans.  Real cool dude.

He has a lot to live up to because it will be hard to be the chill day at Shipwrecked beach I have had 2 years in a row.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 1:56 PM, 1994te said:

No his van is not airconditioned but he has every window taken out of the van.  My wife was very hesitant when I booked this tour the first time because she felt it would be too hot for her.  With the winds and constant moving of the van with the windows out, I enjoyed it much better than a van with air, jmo.  My wife enjoyed it so much that when we took our kids to St. Kitts, a few years later, she wanted to do it again.

How does one go about looking into booking with this guy?  Thanks!

47 minutes ago, pjpu said:

Here is his email.  Give him your ship and day you will be in port and the tour you would like.  Sometimes it may take him a few days to get back with you.

roystontours@hotmail.com

8 hours ago, pjpu said:

If you have to go with a plan B...Try booking with Thenford Gray...we had an amazing private group tour with him last September.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Moomduck1 said:

Does Thenford Grey keep your tour private or will others be added?

His tours are very small....Actually there were only 6 of us on our particular tour...Lot's of room in his bus.

Edited by Ashland

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a cruise on Symphony.  We did the Volcano hike with Royston.  It was a great time and Royston was amazing.  We took our 5 and 7 year olds.  It was a bit of a strenuous hike for them, but Royston did a great job making sure we all made it up and down again.  He provided a great lunch and became my 5yr olds hero with a couple boxes of juice.  We saw some monkeys on the way back down.  He showed us some sights on the drive on the way to the hike, and then gave us options on how to take the ride back to see some sights.  I cant stand the cattle mentality of some of the bigger tours, so this one was awesome.  When we make it back, we'll definitely use Royston again.  I've been on plenty of cruises and tours before, and I cant recommend this one highly enough. 

On 9/24/2019 at 5:29 PM, Gatorshill said:

Just got back from a cruise on Symphony.  We did the Volcano hike with Royston.  It was a great time and Royston was amazing.  We took our 5 and 7 year olds.  It was a bit of a strenuous hike for them, but Royston did a great job making sure we all made it up and down again.  He provided a great lunch and became my 5yr olds hero with a couple boxes of juice.  We saw some monkeys on the way back down.  He showed us some sights on the drive on the way to the hike, and then gave us options on how to take the ride back to see some sights.  I cant stand the cattle mentality of some of the bigger tours, so this one was awesome.  When we make it back, we'll definitely use Royston again.  I've been on plenty of cruises and tours before, and I cant recommend this one highly enough. 

Would you say the volcano hike is worth it? And did it take the estimated 2 hours? I'm debating between the Island Tour and the Volcano hike. (My kids will be 9 and 6), but fully intending to use Royston Tours for the same reasons you enjoyed it.