Dining in Murano

cruzysuzy

DH and I have made reservations for Murano on the Reflection.  DH is a beef eater and will surely want the Chateaubriand for two.  I am not so much a beef eater.  Would there be a problem with his ordering that beef dish for himself while I order a fish dish?

Also, in the main dining rooms has anyone noticed whether the steaks cooked to order tend to be under cooked or over cooked?  He is a medium rare guy.

My DS has, and received, the whole Chauteaubriand dish.  I personally think that the steaks in the MDR tend to be slightly overcooked.  I usually order Medium Rare and ask for it to be a little more on the rare side.  If it is too rare, it can always be sent back but I have never sent a steak back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, justcrusn said:

If your ship has a Lawn Club Grill, they will allow you to grill it yourself, so no worries about how its cooked! 😀

I would take the Lawn Club any day over Murano.

• Like 1

We ate in Murano twice on or December 2018 cruise.  The Chateaubriand was indicated on the menu to be "for 2", however I asked for and received "for 1" as my wife wanted something else.  It was a very good serving size.  I ordered it medium rare, and it was done to perfection.  We also at once in the Lawn Club Grill, and my medium rare filet was also done just right.  Nice crust on the outside and pink in the middle.  Delicious!

As for cooking a steak yourself at the Lawn Club Grill, it depends on how busy they are.  I was not allowed to do so during a busy time.  In addition, when I did cook my own filet, I was able to grill the outside but then the chef puts the filets in an oven to bring it to the desired doneness. 

If you want a great meal for a special occasion, Murano is the place to go.  Our favorite entrees are the chateaubriand and the table side prepared lobster.  

1 hour ago, toddmanka said:

We are on the Silly and they had a first day special of $30.00 per person

we had the Chatubrand for two and we split the Lobster

what a start to a great cruise

We got the Murano and the Lawn Club for 30.00 they were giving discounts all last week.

3 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

On a recent visit to Murano DH and were debating between the Chateaubriand for 2 and the Lobster Murano. Our waiter suggested we do both...and we did.😋

We have always found Murano’s very accommodating at meeting any reasonable request from a guest.

Many guests making the most of a special evening may want an extra starter or mains....by desert I don’t think many guests have space for an ‘extra’!

We have found Tuscan quite accommodating too. I was asking about one of the pasta dishes but then decided to stick with steak. When our mains arrived a portion of the pasta arrived too with side plates and forks ‘for us to try’.

14 hours ago, keesar said:

As for cooking a steak yourself at the Lawn Club Grill, it depends on how busy they are.  I was not allowed to do so during a busy time.  In addition, when I did cook my own filet, I was able to grill the outside but then the chef puts the filets in an oven to bring it to the desired doneness. 

If you want a great meal for a special occasion, Murano is the place to go.  Our favorite entrees are the chateaubriand and the table side prepared lobster.   

Keesar....in Murano, that is exactly how my wife and I ordered.  Chateaubriand for me, lobster for my wife.  Could not have been a better meal.  My SIL was traveling on this trip, and on the last night, we ended the cruise by having dinner a second time in Murano.  They both ordered the lobster prepared tableside.  Our waiter advised that he felt the portions were not sufficient, so actually put in lobster for 3 to divide among the two of them.  They really strive to make you happy, and we appreciate that!