Oceania Cruises "Currents"

WanderlustJourney

3 hours ago, WanderlustJourney said:

I'm looking into an Oceania Baltic Cruise this August, first time O cruiser. 

Does anyone have any somewhat recent Currents, preferably for the Nautica? 

I'm interested to see what the daily activities onboard are like.

Thanks so much!

Ariane

Here's a recent "sea day" schedule from Sirena. Nautica would be pretty much the same.

IMG_6003.thumb.JPG.e89bc8cd3dfda02628924b99e2eb9710.JPG

On 3/17/2019 at 8:02 PM, WanderlustJourney said:

I'm looking into an Oceania Baltic Cruise this August, first time O cruiser. 

Does anyone have any somewhat recent Currents, preferably for the Nautica? 

I'm interested to see what the daily activities onboard are like.

Thanks so much!

Ariane

We did this on Nautica in Aug/Sept 2016 and my organized wife still has all her copies of "Currents".

Each day is packed with activities from 8am to evening. Is there any particular type of activity you'd like to look for?

Just now, SisterHavana said:

I'd love to see some fairly recent copies of Currents from Marina, preferably from a Baltic cruise. (I'm doing one in July!) I haven't been able to find any online.

Is  there anything you are specifically looking for ?

Most of  the daytime activities are the same on every cruise  the timing may vary

The evening shows  are usually 9:30pm

4 hours ago, SisterHavana said:

I'd love to see some fairly recent copies of Currents from Marina, preferably from a Baltic cruise. (I'm doing one in July!) I haven't been able to find any online.

Here's a recent Sirena one. Fairly similar across the fleet.

IMG_6002.JPG

15 hours ago, WanderlustJourney said:

I was mostly interested to see about the fitness/yoga schedules, but they are in an additional insert from what I understand. Saw one posted on the live Oceania ATW thread 🙂

Yes, there is a Fitness Schedule in the insert to the daily "Currents". On Nautica in Aug 2016, there was Pathways to Yoga daily from day 2 - day 7 (at $11) but not in days 8-12. Lots of other walking, stretching, aerobics programs (all free) and some Indoor Cycling (also $11). 

8 minutes ago, CanEcosse said:

Yes, there is a Fitness Schedule in the insert to the daily "Currents". On Nautica in Aug 2016, there was Pathways to Yoga daily from day 2 - day 7 (at $11) but not in days 8-12. Lots of other walking, stretching, aerobics programs (all free) and some Indoor Cycling (also $11). 

UPDATE for 2019

all classes are now free

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 9:12 PM, WanderlustJourney said:

I was mostly interested to see about the fitness/yoga schedules, but they are in an additional insert from what I understand. Saw one posted on the live Oceania ATW thread 🙂

All classes free, but very few if any on port days...usually 6 or 7 on sea days.

From our 20-days being on the Nautica in November and December 2018, below is a scanning for of the daily editions of the "Currents".  Does this help?  Need me to blow up and/or focus on something more specific?  Make it clearer and easier to read?  Happy to research or share more. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

For my latest live/blog, see “the Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Check it at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

Here are four pages of the "CURRENTS" daily summary from our first full sailing day on the Oceania Nautica in November 2018.  You will notice on the front, they have the next day's expected weather, plus a highlight for the next evening's entertainment program.  Most days, the front focuses on the next port destination and its key history/highlights, etc.   On the third page is a "plug" for the next evening's entertainment offering.  On the fourth page is a summary on hours/opening for the next day, plus a highlight for the next day's drink special, plus a listing at the bottom of the page for the locations that day for each of the other five Oceania ships.:

468487051_ScreenShot2019-03-31at5_05_22PM.thumb.png.7d5f58ef839752b26afbd3a29a1b6935.png

1834189408_ScreenShot2019-03-31at5_04_13PM.thumb.png.460aa2087fe56a54b388f4cb3758f096.png

1622914879_ScreenShot2019-03-31at5_03_56PM.thumb.png.ca0741c1083814e62511563359f80b6e.png

1162738738_ScreenShot2019-03-31at5_02_39PM.thumb.png.7c7aa680bcc3ad166f521a6c76be6a3f.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

curious  if  someone  can talk about  food at the  buffet--I  realize  that even though O is  owned  by NCL --I  trust the  fopod is better here  than on the  main NCL ships-

Choices  on NCL were  very repetitive, and for  example, if  you wanted  tuna fish or  chicken salad, they were  all pre  made  sandwiches, as opposed  to being able to help your self.

Are  trays available in buffet?

No trays. I don't recall sandwiches either!  Yes, salads, hot courses, many choices are available.  My only "recent" NCL cruise was in 2010 on GEM and I remember liking the buffet offerings on that cruise, but I've found Oceania's far superior.  Especially if you are on Marina/Riviera, just because the space is much larger.  I haven't found buffet offerings to be repetitive.

Once you have your plate you MAY get to your table on your own but the odds are that a server will come along to carry it for you.

You won't "help yourself" on Oceania, as a precaution against contamination.  But you let the server know what you wish and he/she will put it on the plate for you.

Mura 

there  are  small sandwiches  in the Terrace  but it changes daily  so you may or may not have tuna daily

some things are repeated

salad, cheeses, cold meats, rolls, the grill seems to have the same offerings daily