Boarding time notification for Koningsdam on April 7

athome_atsea

Received the below notice this morning with specific boarding times for the Koningsdam leaving Port Everglades on 4/7. We are 4-star and usually arrive at the terminal around 11am with plenty of time to get into our cabin before going to the MDR for lunch. Does this mean if we were to arrive at 11, we wouldn’t be able to board until 1pm? Never received a notification like this before. Thanks for your advice!

We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing. To enhance the check-in and boarding experience, we ask that guests arrive at the terminal based on the following times. Guests who have booked a transfer or hotel package with Holland America will be provided a check-in time at the airport or hotel.
1:00 PM - Deck 7 & Deck 10 2:30 PM - Deck 5
1:30 PM - Deck 8 & Deck 11 3:00 PM - Deck 4
2:00 PM - Deck 6 3:30 PM - Deck 1
We invite our 4 and 5 Star Mariners, Pinnacle and Neptune Suite guests to arrive anytime between 1:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M. Boarding will commence shortly after check in. All guests must be onboard 1 hour prior to sailing. We
appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

We boarded 2 weeks ago on the NS.  Our notification said 1PM boarding.  We checked out of our hotel at 10:30 and arrived at the terminal shortly after.  There was no issue with us arriving early.  We didn't board until around 12:00.  There was a 'special' line for certain mariners (probably 4 and 5 star) who seemed to be able to board immediately.

When they called our boarding group number (#8) our group lined up.  A few older passengers ahead of us who had just arrived at the terminal had boarding numbers way ahead of us. (we were group 8 they were group 16),  When there turn came to board the lady checking numbers told them she was only on #8 but they were let thru anyways.   I guess the whole process is just a suggestion?

We invite our 4 and 5 Star Mariners, Pinnacle and Neptune Suite guests to arrive anytime...

11am will be fine!

We are doing B2B's on K'dam on 27th March and 7th April and received the same notification for both cruises!  We will be arriving at Port Everglades at 11 am as 4 star and do not expect any problems!

See you onboard.

I got the same notice and followed it and I ran into a mob scene.  I was going on the Nieuw Statendam.  I wish I had gone to the pier after I checked out of the hotel.  Checkout time was 11:00 AM at the Hilton Marina.

1 hour ago, NuGrad67 said:

This is surprising, since so many are coming from out of town and have coach arrival times, not set by HA!!!!  Are supposed to just sit in the big area and wait?

Yes, you sit in the waiting area.  When you arrive in the terminal you are given a group number and you wait until your assigned number is called.  I believe 5 star and perhaps 4 star mariners are given priority boarding.  We were seated by 11AM and boarded shortly after noon. 

I believe the notification they send is simply a recommended time suggested to ease the process.