Favorite Manfredi dishes?

Australia08

My husband and I have only cruised once on Viking Ocean and really enjoyed the experience. We weren’t terribly impressed with our choices at Manfredi’s however. We have another cruise coming up soon. Does anyone have suggestions for their favorite dishes at Manfredi’s?  Maybe you can steer us to something we’ll love. 

Hard to pick one favo(u)rite dish but I will offer a suggestion.  They were very amenable to us asking for changes.  We could ask for a different sauce, sauce on the side, or different amounts of cheeses, etc.  Everyone has a best Italian place back home and maybe just a minor change would mean you enjoy Manfredi's 🍸better.  

We sailed on Viking recently and went to Manfredi’s several times. The service was great and we did have a fun time dining there but I was disappointed in one of my main dishes. I decided to try veal scallopini but felt the menu’s description of the dish didn’t match what arrived on my plate. At another dinner, my husband and I both had the rib eye steak and it was delicious. I do remember that we weren’t disappointed in any of the first courses, side dishes or desserts. We will be going on another VO soon and will certainly go to Manfredi’s. 

• Like 1

The rib eye is excellent.  they also do a "London Broil" type steak.  Did not care for tiramisu. I've eaten there 3 times and didn't get sick but was not overly impressed but that may be because we have many fine Italian/Steak House Restaurants in my home town so it doesn't seem all that special.  

We dined at Manfredi’s twice (2 cruises).  Agree that the bread basket choices were great.  My tip is to order a half portion of the second course and a half portion of a pasta dish.  The food is good but the portions are very large.  We’re not foodies but we really enjoyed the 5 menus we tried at the Chef’s Table; an adventure in dining, lots of fun!

10 hours ago, tvmovielover said:

I liked the salad and the bread.

We too loved the bread and several salads. Our pasta and main dishes were always custom

due to dietary needs. We were pretty friendly with the staff and chef by our last visit and can’t wait to return.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:34 AM, Australia08 said:

My husband and I have only cruised once on Viking Ocean and really enjoyed the experience. We weren’t terribly impressed with our choices at Manfredi’s however. We have another cruise coming up soon. Does anyone have suggestions for their favorite dishes at Manfredi’s?  Maybe you can steer us to something we’ll love. 

My husband and I don't like any of the dishes in Manfredi's.  We prefer and enjoy Chef's Table where the menu changes every three days for the different flavors and textures.  We've never had a less than enjoyable meal at the Chef's Table.  The Restaurant has a lot of choices and, in our opinion, is very good too.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:34 AM, Australia08 said:

Their steak is my first choice and I found out on my last cruise I could ask for a small cut so I did not have this giant piece of meat on my plate.  The bread basket selection is also really good. 

We have eaten at Manfredi's at least 6 or 7 times. I have ordered the steak on three occasions. Twice it was amazing and so tender and flavorful, the third time it was so tough I couldn't cut it. The same thing happened to my husband. Our favorites are the bread, octopus carpaccio, calamari, mussels in saffron, truffle risotto, all of the pasta dishes, and salads. We always get half orders of the rice and pasta dishes as well as the entrees. All of their meat is prime. The menu does change. We were on two cruises last year and the entrees pretty much remained the same but the sides and pasta dishes were very different.