Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

Thanks again Doug.  The handouts for the splash academy programs are very useful.  This is our first NCL cruise with kids and we don't know much about the program.  Great to get an idea of what they offer (as well as see there are times where the kids can play together).

• Like 2

Could you please try and post a photo of 12531 I saw it on the list of ‘ to view ‘ cabins it is a concierge family inside as we are in 12541 in 2021 thank you so much for all the photos I am obsessed with looking at them 

12 minutes ago, tartantiara said:

Could you please try and post a photo of 12531 I saw it on the list of ‘ to view ‘ cabins it is a concierge family inside as we are in 12541 in 2021 thank you so much for all the photos I am obsessed with looking at them 

Go back... I posted them in post #338.  It’s a fantastic room! 

5 hours ago, Corycor said:

Would love to get more information on the Splash Academy. Specifically if there will be a guppies zone. And if not are the age restrictions very strict. My daughter will be 2 years 10 months at time of sailing. Hoping will be able to drop her off at least once or twice. 

No Guppies - I believe that’s exclusive to the Escape.  There will be times that you can bring < 3 year olds to Splash Academy to use the facility, but parents must remain present.

5 minutes ago, Owenred said:

Doug you didn't by chance get any photos of the Haven Family Villa Suite with Balcony did you? Room 15138

Hmmm... missed that one.  Heading out in a minute and will grab it.

I won’t be getting anything from within the Haven complex.

Just now, TheDougOut said:

You truly are a star 

Thanks 🙂

3 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

No Guppies - I believe that’s exclusive to the Escape.  There will be times that you can bring < 3 year olds to Splash Academy to use the facility, but parents must remain present.

Bummer. Thanks for looking into it. 

7 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

😥   thanks for all the ones you've been able to get....They've been great

19 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Listed as 8:00 AM, I believe... but assume earlier. 

Is there a reliable source if itinerary information someone can point me to?

I’m curious if and when Joy will be coming into San Francisco. 

1 hour ago, TheDougOut said:

Has anyone heard if NCL will attempt to photo Bliss & Joy together this afternoon, after Bliss leaves LA?

032330C1-A603-42AE-9509-9C12BC44C6F5.jpeg

It would be cool to photo them.  I remember when RCI photoed the 3 Oasis sisters off coast of FLA.

SO DOUG, now that you have done the Bliss and Joy, if you 3 could win a free cruise, which ship would you pick?

Then again I guess you are excited about the Encore.   Thanks for photo of Vancouver as I am heading up in 2 weeks for the Ovation of the Seas back from Asia sailing 11 days then onto to Seattle.

6 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

SO DOUG, now that you have done the Bliss and Joy, if you 3 could win a free cruise, which ship would you pick?

In my twisted opinion, I think NCL peaked with the initial Escape offering.  Howl is a lot of fun, the included ropes course is amazing to experience high atop a ship, and the night parties at Spice are fantastic.

The Joy-onward Observation Lounge is a fantastic addition, but I feel too much was sacrificed to get it.  I’m not a fan of go-karts, laser tag & virtual reality pavilions at sea - they do nothing to augment the fact you’re on a ship, and they all can be done better on land.  The nighttime parties around the pool deck just aren’t as special as the club-like atmosphere back at Spice.

Comparing the Bliss & Joy - I like some of the oddities that come with Joy, but Jersey Boys tops any of the Joy’s entertainment offerings for me.

We currently only have one NCL cruise booked - and it’s for the Encore inaugural transatlantic.  Don’t get me started on the wasted aft top-deck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TheDougOut said:

In my twisted opinion, I think NCL peaked with the initial Escape offering.  Howl is a lot of fun, the included ropes course is amazing to experience high atop a ship, and the night parties at Spice are fantastic.

The Joy-onward Observation Lounge is a fantastic addition, but I feel too much was sacrificed to get it.  I’m not a fan of go-karts, laser tag & virtual reality pavilions at sea - they do nothing to augment the fact you’re on a ship, and they all can be done better on land.  The nighttime parties around the pool deck just aren’t as special as the club-like atmosphere back at Spice.

Comparing the Bliss & Joy - I like some of the oddities that come with Joy, but Jersey Boys tops any of the Joy’s entertainment offerings for me.

We currently only have one NCL cruise booked - and it’s for the Encore inaugural transatlantic.  Don’t get me started on the wasted aft top-deck.

Thanks for your reply.  I Like the Escape a LOT and the Bliss was pretty good.

I think NCL needs to ease back on the Theme parkness of ships.

Safe journey home and I agree Howl and Jersey boys are great.  I can't wait to see how the Ovation of the Seas remodeled for USA.  I know you are an NCL guy, but try the Quantum class ship.  Very very unique ship.

• Thanks 1