Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

20 minutes ago, kaitysmommy2001 said:

Is this the mid ship balcony? (BA) Call me crazy but I'm trying to figure out if our cabin has the bed or the couch closer to the balcony...

A mid ship balcony can be either configuration. What is your stateroom number?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

A mid ship balcony can be either configuration. What is your stateroom number?

I would like to know that as well we are in BA 11196. And we have 4 people so does the couch have a trundle or is it like a pull out couch?

56 minutes ago, sassy928 said:

Two Wheels Only, is there a way to determine from the deck plan the location of the bed?  Curious about 13198, one of the angled balcony rooms.    Thanks

Typically a 3-person (triangle on deck plan) has the couch by the balcony, and a 4-person (plus sign) has the bed by the balcony (with the drop-down ceiling bed over the couch).  This is usually (always?) true when the rooms alternate triangle / plus.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, sassy928 said:

Two Wheels Only, is there a way to determine from the deck plan the location of the bed?

Not always.

If a standard side balcony/mini-suite on the Breakaway (BA/GA) or Breakaway Plus (Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore) class sleeps 4, the bed is near the balcony and the sofa-bed is near the closet (pullman above the sofa-bed). If it sleeps 3, the bed can be either near the balcony or near the closet with the sofa-bed where the bed isn't (no pullman). 

There are a few instances where it is difficult to tell such as when a HC accessible stateroom is next door but generally, the configuration alternates. There can also be 2 "back-to-back" staterooms of the same configuration, however. In those cases, the pattern usually branches out in opposite directions starting from there.

50 minutes ago, sassy928 said:

Curious about 13198, one of the angled balcony rooms.

I would lean toward "bed-near-closet" for that one. 13196 is the opposite configuration.

51 minutes ago, Chrislyn said:

I would like to know that as well we are in BA 11196. And we have 4 people so does the couch have a trundle or is it like a pull out couch?

Since it sleeps 4, 11196 is "bed-near-balcony" with a sofa-bed/pullman above.

Please note, there are occasionally errors on deck-plans so without eyewitness testimony or photos, these answers are not set in stone.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Not always.

If a standard side balcony/mini-suite on the Breakaway (BA/GA) or Breakaway Plus (Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore) class sleeps 4, the bed is near the balcony and the sofa-bed is near the closet (pullman above the sofa-bed). If it sleeps 3, the bed can be either near the balcony or near the closet with the sofa-bed where the bed isn't (no pullman). 

There are a few instances where it is difficult to tell such as when a HC accessible stateroom is next door but generally, the configuration alternates. There can also be 2 "back-to-back" staterooms of the same configuration, however. In those cases, the pattern usually branches out in opposite directions starting from there.

I would lean toward "bed-near-closet" for that one. 13196 is the opposite configuration.

Since it sleeps 4, 11196 is "bed-near-balcony" with a sofa-bed/pullman above.

Please note, there are occasionally errors on deck-plans so without eyewitness testimony or photos, these answers are not set in stone.

Two Wheels Only, thank you for this input! I hope you are right! I would prefer kids towards the bathroom then towards the sliding glass door.

14 hours ago, kaitysmommy2001 said:

Is this the mid ship balcony? (BA) Call me crazy but I'm trying to figure out if our cabin has the bed or the couch closer to the balcony...

I've been trying to figure out the same thing, so you're not crazy.

Does anyone know for sure if The Joy is going to stop in San Francisco today.  Right now it’s pretty far off the coast and one of the tracking apps show its destination is Seattle. 

I called NCL this morning and was told it will be stopping in SF for a brief industry event but I suspect they are looking at outdated info. 

On 4/29/2019 at 6:54 PM, TheDougOut said:

That’s what was on NCL’s Joy amenity chart by category - and I’m fairly certain I heard it mentioned the past few days.

Edit: as seen here...

85DBFC50-B433-4E03-B558-0374C1DE35AB.jpeg

Is this posted somewhere online?  It’s just a tiny blurry and my old eyes can’t make everything out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDougOut said:

The sheet may be out of date since it references Los Lobos on Joy which was replaced with Le Bistro in the final arrangement.  They also changed it from Pick 3 to All Free At Sea perks for Concierge around the time they introduced the free/reduced air promotion.

Edited by timf2001

33 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

The sheet may be out of date since it references Los Lobos on Joy which was replaced with Le Bistro in the final arrangement.  They also changed it from Pick 3 to All Free At Sea perks for Concierge around the time they introduced the free/reduced air promotion.

From a prior thread (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2568800-concierge-level-on-joy/)

884D1B34-AD2F-45A3-A35A-51136170CD9E.jpeg

Edit: and yeah, who knows what to believe.  

Edited by TheDougOut

1 hour ago, Birdie And Sue said:

what is F&B amenity?

“F&B Amenity (2x a week, provided by Room Service)”

Food and beverage?  Maybe they get two complimentary room service requests per week.  I have a friend in a CF next week - and I hope to get the answer to several of these. 

On 4/29/2019 at 1:25 AM, TheDougOut said:

Wasn’t that something they introduced last year?  

1F917221-D58C-492F-B908-5BEE531F52DA.jpeg

I love the sign.  #1.  No Lifeguard on Duty.  LOL. A little contradiction there.  I'm glad NCL is providing chairs.  Very civilized.  On Royal they have to stand the entire time, and look incredible bored.  I feel bad for them most of the time.  

7 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

"Complimentary access to Spa Thermal" - H8

Uhhhh.....

There are other errors, too. The more I look, the more I find.

I didn’t mean to mislead by the attachment name - I believe the document differentiated amenities by cabin category, and was not specific to Joy (although the concierge is specific to Joy).

11 minutes ago, Katibug64 said:

Any pictures of the  concierge family suite with balcony on The Joy? Thank you for all the wonderful pictures!

14166 repost...

56BF87C5-AD7F-4740-8CB6-0B26710BEE51.jpeg

5BAA6C49-893D-4D67-A019-FA489CCF5C8E.jpeg

D466C2BE-0079-43A2-9498-D222E09E40A2.jpeg

0D96B9CE-46F6-40D5-B74F-7B8E124056EC.jpeg

Edited by TheDougOut