Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

1 hour ago, htnut said:

I found this video of a CB.  It doesn’t confirm the type of the “main” bed but the second bed appears to be a sofa - not a Murphy bed. 

As Tim posted above, the balcony appears to be 1.5x standard where the CA seems to be 2x width. 

My mistake, the murphy bed is in the HA category, not CB.  CB just has a sofa bed.

6 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

My mistake, the murphy bed is in the HA category, not CB.  CB just has a sofa bed.

Thanks.  Do you know if the sofa bed pulls out and has a “spring” base or is it more like a futon?  

Also do you know if it’s a queen or king bed, or two twins slid together?

26 minutes ago, htnut said:

Thanks.  Do you know if the sofa bed pulls out and has a “spring” base or is it more like a futon?  

Sorry, I don't have first-hand experience, just what's been posted in videos and deck plans.

3 hours ago, htnut said:

my experience on the Bliss is the convertible sofas are a hard futon, closer to a double than a queen

2 hours ago, YVRBassElectric said:

my experience on the Bliss is the convertible sofas are a hard futon, closer to a double than a queen

Good news, that's much more comfortable than a pull-out sleeper sofa. 

My only outstanding question is, do the CB rooms have two twins that push together to form a larger bed? 

On 5/4/2019 at 8:15 AM, TheDougOut said:

According to NCL, which is 72% accurate some of the time, it’s a king bed.  

Yes, I had issues with my concierge booking (upgraded from a mini-suite to a CC, then to a CA) because the website for a long time said that he Concierge family suite with balcony had a queen that converts and a Murphy bed. I need 3 separate beds because I'm taking my dad and teenage cousin. I spoke to a cruise consultant 3 wks ago and they confirmed that the concierge villas and concierge family have kings and can not be changed, but the concierge penthouse does have a queen that converts to two singles, problem was that those rooms were full by the time I called so I had to switch from a CA to a concierge family inside cabin (CF) and LOOSE my balcony. After seeing some of the youtube videos of the live virtual window feed I don't feel so bad and it will be nice to have separate spaces (2 beds rooms, 2 bath, and a living room).

Edited by missjanellee

15 minutes ago, missjanellee said:

Yes, I had issues with my concierge booking (upgraded from a mini-suite to a CC, then to a CA) because the website for a long time said that he Concierge family suite with balcony had a queen that converts and a Murphy bed. I need 3 separate beds because I'm taking my dad and teenage cousin. I spoke to a cruise consultant 3 wks ago and they confirmed that the concierge villas and concierge family have kings and can not be changed, but the concierge penthouse does have a queen that converts to two singles, problem was that those rooms were full by the time I called so I had to switch from a CA to a concierge family inside cabin (CF) and LOOSE my balcony. After seeing some of the youtube videos of the live virtual window feed I don't feel so bad and it will be nice to have separate spaces (2 beds rooms, 2 bath, and a living room).

I have a friend in the CF this week... and he’s loving the virtual balcony.  That room setup is fantastic.

A298769B-7707-4287-BA95-652CCFBF23C0.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

I have a friend in the CF this week... and he’s loving the virtual balcony.  That room setup is fantastic.

That's amazing!  Is it actually showing a camera feed from the outside of the ship?

51 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

I love it. I don't plan on spending a lot of time in the room, but it's just nice to be able to look out and see the view when your not in one of the observation lounges.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 5:02 PM, TheDougOut said:

Updated attraction pricing info:

Go-Karts: $15 - 8 laps (unlimited pass $199)

Laser-tag: $9.95 

Galaxy Pavilion: $29 - 90 minutes (unlimited pass $199)

$399 - Unlimited Go-karts, Laser-tag and Galaxy Pavilion

Do you know if this pricing is the same on Bliss & Encore too? Would you say it's worth it for teenage boys to get them the unlimited go-karts, laser tag and GP?

1 minute ago, Kfamilycruise said:

Do you know if this pricing is the same on Bliss & Encore too?

Bliss was $9.99 for go-karts (one 8-lap run) and laser tag last week (two 5 minute games).  Bliss does not have the Galaxy Pavilion, I believe on the Joy that's in the place of the observation lounge on the Bliss.

9 minutes ago, hallux said:

Bliss was $9.99 for go-karts (one 8-lap run) and laser tag last week (two 5 minute games).  Bliss does not have the Galaxy Pavilion, I believe on the Joy that's in the place of the observation lounge on the Bliss.

Galaxy Pavilion takes the place of the thermal suite at the aft of the ship.  The observation lounge is still present forward.

1 hour ago, TheDougOut said:

Yep - that was his view this morning,

They should put those in all inside cabins.  I might be able to go "back" to one if I had a view like that.  Started off cruising on the old NCL Sea in a 110 sq ft inside cabin.  The size didn't bother me, but I've grown used to my balcony views.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ute_fan said:

They should put those in all inside cabins.

Many newer ships do have them.  Royal's Anthem has them, one large vertically-oriented widescreen display in the studio cabins and I'm sure others.  NCL's Bliss has them as well, the studio has a horizontal one in a window cut-out on the wall opposite the TV.

On 5/2/2019 at 4:09 AM, TheDougOut said:

“F&B Amenity (2x a week, provided by Room Service)”

Food and beverage?  Maybe they get two complimentary room service requests per week.  I have a friend in a CF next week - and I hope to get the answer to several of these. 

Well, the concierge class is a suite and ncl states suites don't pay for room service (except for the mini-suite) so I'm hoping unlimited free room service, not just 2x

20 minutes ago, missjanellee said:

Well, the concierge class is a suite and ncl states suites don't pay for room service (except for the mini-suite) so I'm hoping unlimited free room service, not just 2x

C/Concierge is its own category, unrelated to H/S Suites.