Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

On 4/28/2019 at 2:25 AM, TheDougOut said:

Footloose clocked in at 1 hour and 40 minutes.  There’s some minor sexual subject matter - a song about a girl that gets around, I think “horny” was used at one point, and a reference to a guy getting visibly aroused.  There’s certainly nothing that warrants age warnings like Rock of Ages.

The cast is talented in both dance and vocals.  The lead female could be a stand-in for Anna Kendrick, and the male a less-dark Christian Slater.  The production is well-executed with some limited & barebone set changes.  

On the way out, I was behind someone that said “we gotta see that again”.  For me, eh, I don’t know.  The opening number and the finale contain the fun you’d expect - a big ensemble dance to “Footloose”.  Everything else is filler just trying to walk us through a story that we already know - a story that probably works better in an 80s film than on a stage.

But much like Elements, it’s worth a visit.  For most, I imagine once will be enough.  

Thank you so much.   We've been trying to decide about my 7 year old niece. She's so shy - I don't know she will go to the Seals club. But it will be over her head for sure!

On 3/23/2019 at 3:31 PM, janice2348 said:

Thanks for posting.  We’re sailing on her February 2020 Panama Canal.  I’m hoping everyone sailing on her post dry dock will post reviews and pics. 

Will she pass thru the old or the new canal? Complementing on booking her, enjoyed  the Bliss.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:38 PM, TheDougOut said:

We thought the room was fantastic... and the HUGE virtual balcony was perfect in the common area.  I have a friend sailing in one next week... and his room is just outside the Observation Lounge with the “real thing” only a few footsteps away.

The room is great.  We’d totally book it with our kids. 

I was thinking of booking it since it coming to NYC for a bit. I was thrilled to see your pics. I know we will get a great review. 

22 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

I’d switch in a heartbeat - the breakfast & lunch in Cagney’s alone would sell us.  

Wait, Concierge gets breakfast and lunch included in Cagney’s? I thought Concierge only got breakfast in a private dining space. 

22 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

I tried my best not to fall into the “live” trap - and just share info that’s been missing with the uniqueness of this ship’s repurposing (including Sue’s smelly feet).  I asked Freestyle before leaving if we could keep it all within the “Everything” thread.

In all likelihood, we’ll go live once more for Encore. 

Glad to see you guys are 'warming up' for the real deal in November! 🤣  It's gonna be Epic (no not the ship...)! 

It's on Brutha! 🍻

56 minutes ago, Snagler said:

Wait, Concierge gets breakfast and lunch included in Cagney’s? I thought Concierge only got breakfast in a private dining space. 

That’s what was on NCL’s Joy amenity chart by category - and I’m fairly certain I heard it mentioned the past few days.

Edit: as seen here...

85DBFC50-B433-4E03-B558-0374C1DE35AB.jpeg

Edited by TheDougOut

Need Advice- We are on the May 11th Cruise. I booked a Balcony BF- GTY, they “upgraded” us to a MidShip Balcony’s “Family”  (BA) which they say is larger then the BF. I noticed a price drop by a few hundred dollars for my booking for a BF- GTY. What kind of recourse do i have? I already paid for the entire cruise. Do I just be thankful for my “upgrade” or can I ask for onboard credit? Who should I talk to?

Thank you for those who have prior experience!

2 hours ago, Chrislyn said:

Need Advice- We are on the May 11th Cruise. I booked a Balcony BF- GTY, they “upgraded” us to a MidShip Balcony’s “Family”  (BA) which they say is larger then the BF. I noticed a price drop by a few hundred dollars for my booking for a BF- GTY. What kind of recourse do i have? I already paid for the entire cruise. Do I just be thankful for my “upgrade” or can I ask for onboard credit? Who should I talk to?

Thank you for those who have prior experience!

None.

2 hours ago, TexasCruiser84 said:

Doug you are the best! On the Escape, there were darts, arcade games and mini bowling around O’Sheehans. Anything like that on Joy?

I posted the arcade games if you scroll back through.  There are no darts (or anything for that matter) on the bar side.  The full-lane mini bowling is gone, but there is a small arcade version of bowling.  The area looked sterile & unfinished compared to prior versions.  

On 4/29/2019 at 12:04 PM, TheDougOut said:

We’re off!  I’ll provide some final thoughts later... but first I need to grab some churros in Frontierland. 

97520B38-4EB5-4DA3-817D-24C88F1E59DA.jpeg

It was great getting to meet you and Sue at the Cellars Sunday night!  Hope our paths will meet again on an actual cruise! 

Kerry  and Chad 😊

• Like 1