Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

19 minutes ago, Rhenry0815 said:

I see lobster is back, is it just for this special sailing or a permanent thing. I'm hoping this is the menu for my Getaway cruise.

That’s the current menu... it’s on there.

(we’re dining there tomorrow night) 

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Footloose clocked in at 1 hour and 40 minutes.  There’s some minor sexual subject matter - a song about a girl that gets around, I think “horny” was used at one point, and a reference to a guy getting visibly aroused.  There’s certainly nothing that warrants age warnings like Rock of Ages.

The cast is talented in both dance and vocals.  The lead female could be a stand-in for Anna Kendrick, and the male a less-dark Christian Slater.  The production is well-executed with some limited & barebone set changes.  

On the way out, I was behind someone that said “we gotta see that again”.  For me, eh, I don’t know.  The opening number and the finale contain the fun you’d expect - a big ensemble dance to “Footloose”.  Everything else is filler just trying to walk us through a story that we already know - a story that probably works better in an 80s film than on a stage.

But much like Elements, it’s worth a visit.  For most, I imagine once will be enough.  

65F650E4-ACE1-4A07-AA54-123CEBEA1069.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That DBH list makes me a bit sad. I am excited to see a couple stouts on there, but since they are from Washington and Oregon, I suspect they won't be available once Joy makes her way over to the east coast, which is where I am much more likely to sail her.