Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

1 minute ago, San Diego Cruizer said:

Cant wait to see pictures of the Galaxy Pavilion!!. I do have another question.... do the hallways to the cabins seem to be wider on this ship? The ones on the  Bliss were impossibly narrow!!

They seem to be the same.

The so-called bumper cars are gone from Galaxy Pavilion.  There are 6-10 large simulators that look quite cool.  We had ressies for 5pm and didn’t make it.  We probably won’t experience it until the Encore TA, but will post pictures from the Joy for those that are curious.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Defhermit said:

Ooh, please do go on. 

In short... it felt like one night of a traditional 7-night variety show ensemble lineup.  It’s just not what I expect for one of two headliner main-theater shows.  

Also, I’m thinking the suds-output may need a little fine tuning...

B7EDF826-64B5-48D8-8468-BBE5E923FFBE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Excellent & following along, probably going to wait till the ship make its way to NY in the near future.  Thank you !

Meanwhile, if & when you get a chance, photos of Teppanyaki dining if you could & scroll by ... I remember watching a video review when the Joy was still in the China market, where it was half empty with its expanded seating capacities ... just couldn't fill it out nightly with paying guests, kind of sad.  

I get the impression with the makeover the red theme used before are basically gone & re-imaged with a different scheme.  

30 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Wow... A-List is PERFECT on Joy, sandwiched between Cagneys and LeBistro, and a bit darker, more intimate, and just where you want to have a cocktail before dinner.  LeBistro belongs across from Cagneys.

That bottle of Louis XIII is just begging to be opened

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

You should have seen the dance... as I attempted to avoid being in his photo of the hot tubs.  🤣

I have 28 years of training ahead of you - not being in his photos 😂!

steamboats

PS: Downloaded it and will send it to him.

Edited by steamboats
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

They seem to be the same.

The so-called bumper cars are gone from Galaxy Pavilion.  There are 6-10 large simulators that look quite cool.  We had ressies for 5pm and didn’t make it.  We probably won’t experience it until the Encore TA, but will post pictures from the Joy for those that are curious.  

Please do and cost! will they have passes and if so how much! Thank you for all you are posting!

2 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

In short... it felt like one night of a traditional 7-night variety show ensemble lineup.  It’s just not what I expect for one of two headliner main-theater shows.  

Also, I’m thinking the suds-output may need a little fine tuning...

B7EDF826-64B5-48D8-8468-BBE5E923FFBE.jpeg

I thought Elements was supposed to be like a Cirque du Soleil? I am guessing not?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, htnut said:

That sounds like good news.  I had read that the track on Joy was smaller vs. Bliss.  I wonder if it's now the same size?

I answered my own question, made this after finding photos:

7A74DA11-0410-4F6A-82C9-0A92001F67DD.jpeg

• Like 2