What happened to member join date on posts?

Previously, on each post under the member's name, it said "Member Since (join date)".  Now it just says "Members" which has no meaning.  I think this may have begun after site maintenance earlier this week.  Will that feature be returning?

Also, is it possible that there will be a return of the feature that noted "Thread Starter" (or something like that) on each post of the OP?  I really miss that.

10 minutes ago, Katie H said:

Previously, on each post under the member's name, it said "Member Since (join date)".  Now it just says "Members" which has no meaning.  I think this may have begun after site maintenance earlier this week.  Will that feature be returning?

You can get it if you click on their avatar. 

21 hours ago, gnome12 said:

You can get it if you click on their avatar. 

I know that but it's a pain.  Another first world problem :classic_blink:

17 hours ago, broberts said:

On a desktop hover the mouse cursor over an avatar. The popup will include a join date.

Thanks.  I didn't know that.  Makes it a little easier when I'm on the desktop.

I was hoping by posting I might get a reply from Jenn about whether the join date feature would be returned and also about if the thread starter feature we had on the old site would be added.  Are you out there, Jenn?

@Katie H, If you want someone to get a notification type the @ and the first few letters of their username. For Jenn, type @cc. This will drop/pop a user list. Click/tap the username, this is important. It will appear in your post white letters on a blue background as I've done with your username to start this post.

Edited by broberts

Thanks for pointing this out!  I will see about getting the info put back to our preferences.  It should be join date, posts, and location under your avatar.

Also, re: thread starter designation.  I have that on my "wish list" which doesn't mean it will happen - just that I have noted members would like it to - and we look at that when asking the developers to work on new features.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:02 PM, broberts said:

@Katie H, If you want someone to get a notification type the @ and the first few letters of their username. For Jenn, type @cc. This will drop/pop a user list. Click/tap the username, this is important. It will appear in your post white letters on a blue background as I've done with your username to start this post.

Does this mean that the person will get some sort of notification about the message?  I did not get anything for this one.  Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Thanks for pointing this out!  I will see about getting the info put back to our preferences.  It should be join date, posts, and location under your avatar.

Also, re: thread starter designation.  I have that on my "wish list" which doesn't mean it will happen - just that I have noted members would like it to - and we look at that when asking the developers to work on new features.

Thank you.  Hope your wish list comes true 😁

2 hours ago, Katie H said:

Does this mean that the person will get some sort of notification about the message?  I did not get anything for this one.  Thanks for your help.

Yes, the member should get a notification. That you didn't suggests that notification may depend on a members Notification settings. Then again it may not. I just tried a test with my username and haven't received a notice. It used to put an entry in one's Notification List that said something like "User xxxx mentioned you in ...". Ah well, just make sure you quote a user's post. That will definitely notify them unless they have turned off notifications.

44 minutes ago, broberts said:

Yes, the member should get a notification. That you didn't suggests that notification may depend on a members Notification settings. Then again it may not. I just tried a test with my username and haven't received a notice. It used to put an entry in one's Notification List that said something like "User xxxx mentioned you in ...". Ah well, just make sure you quote a user's post. That will definitely notify them unless they have turned off notifications.

I just checked and I had notifications turned off.  I made some changes to settings and I will see what happens in the future.  Still learning how to use this new site.  Thanks.

Also, is it possible that there will be a return of the feature that noted "Thread Starter" (or something like that) on each post of the OP?  I really miss that.

When using Tapatalk, the OP designation shows up.

5dcc3829fc7dd729b0f00fa49c8878cb.jpg

Tapatalk has some advantages over using the web page, but there are still some issues.

Past Reviews post 184

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

When using Tapatalk, the OP designation shows up.

5dcc3829fc7dd729b0f00fa49c8878cb.jpg

Tapatalk has some advantages over using the web page, but there are still some issues.

Past Reviews post 184

I wonder why it does not show up on the website if it shows up on an app.  I know nothing about IT.  Maybe there is a good reason. 

26 minutes ago, Katie H said:

I wonder why it does not show up on the website if it shows up on an app.  I know nothing about IT.  Maybe there is a good reason. 

It DOES show up on the website now.

1 minute ago, Katie H said:

It's not showing up on my PC us Firefox.

My guess is that it is something the app developer had written in, not something that is native to our boards software or that our boards software is showing

34 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

It DOES show up on the website now.

I think she was referring to the OP icon that designates the Original Poster (thread starter).   That shows up on tapatalk, but not on the web version.

I assume it will appear on the CC app when they bring it back.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I think she was referring to the OP icon that designates the Original Poster (thread starter).   That shows up on tapatalk, but not on the web version.

I assume it will appear on the CC app when they bring it back.

When the CC App is back it should have the OP designation 

2 hours ago, broberts said:

Look again, hover over an avatar

image.png.5fd19c5634c1028a5c39b4d1af4506f9.png

I'm not seeing "OP" or "Thread Starter" when I hover.  I don't see it on your post above.  I do see "op"  on the previous post from tapatalk, but I don't use that app. 

15 minutes ago, Katie H said:

I'm not seeing "OP" or "Thread Starter" when I hover.  I don't see it on your post above.  I do see "op"  on the previous post from tapatalk, but I don't use that app. 

Is this thread not about "join dates om posts"?

1 minute ago, broberts said:

Is this thread not about "join dates om posts"?

Yes, it is.  But the join date has been added back since the thread was started - it was missing for a few days.  I also asked about getting the "thread starter" that was on the old boards back. Someone above posted an example of it being on the tapatalk app as "OP".  Jenn has said that getting that feature back on the website is on her wish list, but no promises that it will return.  Sorry for the confusion.