New Carnival Beverage Package?

jbethel11

This is what the Bubbles program includes on my next cruise:

• Soft drinks:  Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Caffeine Free Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Orange Fanta, Mr. Pibb, Barqs Root Beer, Tonic Water, Club Soda, Ginger Ale
  • Juices: Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Tomato Juice, Pineapple Juice, Grapefruit Juice 

I am cruising with my MIL and SIL in June on Royal. It is a 6 day cruise. I purchased the Refresher package for just me for $141 and some change. Its roughly $23 a day including the gratuity. I will definitely get my money’s worth. I drink 2-3 specialty coffees a day, sometimes more, plus the occasional pop or milkshake and bottled water. I would definitely purchase their deluxe package if we didn’t all need to get it...they aren’t big drinkers so it isn’t worth it. I would definitely purchase a similar package on Carnival. 

6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Comparing different cruise lines is often like comparing apples to oranges.  Although Carnival competes with RCCL to some degree, Carnival is definitely marketing to a different demographic than Celebrity. 

But I have never heard someone say they don’t cruise on Carnival because they don’t have a good alternative non-alcoholic package. 

But would a package like this really be more marketable to RCCL cruisers than to Carnival cruisers? For something like this, I don't think it'd matter.

No, this isn't one of those make it or break it things. No one's saying that it is. It'd just be a nice addition. Profitability could always be determined by trying it out. Companies implement new things all the time; not all of them turn out to be as big of money makers as they'd like.

31 minutes ago, Bookworm1985 said:

I am cruising with my MIL and SIL in June on Royal. It is a 6 day cruise. I purchased the Refresher package for just me for $141 and some change. Its roughly $23 a day including the gratuity. I will definitely get my money’s worth. I drink 2-3 specialty coffees a day, sometimes more, plus the occasional pop or milkshake and bottled water. I would definitely purchase their deluxe package if we didn’t all need to get it...they aren’t big drinkers so it isn’t worth it. I would definitely purchase a similar package on Carnival. 

Will the others get refreshment?  If so, then you should be able to call and get deluxe for you and refreshment for them.  If not, then you are correct.