£1 for extra passangers.

johnnyd57uk

£1 for extra passengers. Has anyone gone in a group of 4 or more with this deal. How does it work in terms of sleeping/bathroom arrangements and was it worth while. Have seen lots of these deals but was concerned that they might be more trouble than they are worth. I would be grateful for any advice from the community.

Edited by johnnyd57uk

No its for a Cruise. These £1 for extra passengers are very common amongst Cruise offers. See https://www.pocruises.com/find-and-book/cruise-search-results/#offercodes=ld111&leadmeta=I&so=PRICEASC

So its basically 2 full paying passengers plus 2 friends for £2 as I understand it but hence the question due to my limited knowledge.

interesting

I would read the fine print to see if there are any added costs or limitations in the fare

If you want to share a cabin with other I guess it would be  a good price

I've even many similar offers for 3rd or 4th to share with their friends.

the on-board spend of the extra passengers far exceeds the extra very limited costs.

JB :classic_smile:

Edited by John Bull

I once witnessed a couple being checked in.  They didn't have their Set Sail type doc, but they knew their cabin number, which was used to pull-up their info.  They were asked, Oh, are you the Smiths?  They said, no they were the Jones'.  Turns out that the Smiths and Jones' were in the same traveling group and the TA booked them in the same cabin (and it was not a suite).  It appeared that Mr Jones was the person who had dealt with the TA and believe me his female traveling companion was not happy to find out at check-in that they were going to be sharing a cabin with another couple they knew slightly.  It was a sold out 7 day cruise, and about the only thing they could do was to board the ship and see if anything could be done by ship staff.

I wondered if Mr Jones in a bid to save some money tried to take advantage of those '3rd & 4th person' travels free promotions - not realizing that the 3rd & 4th person are booked in the same room.  To this day I wondered what happened to that couple.

5 hours ago, johnnyd57uk said:

£1 for extra passengers. Has anyone gone in a group of 4 or more with this deal. How does it work in terms of sleeping/bathroom arrangements and was it worth while. Have seen lots of these deals but was concerned that they might be more trouble than they are worth. I would be grateful for any advice from the community.

Honestly, unless you are a family group, or a group of girl friends, or college students try to save money, don't do it.  Especially don't do it if you are couples.  The typical cabin is not really set up to accommodate 4 adults.  There would be 1 bed, a sleeper sofa, and depending on the ship, maybe a pull down bed on one of the walls.  Tight quarters, and not much in privacy.

Many Thanks Ferry Watcher. Thats exactly what I needed to know. These £1 offers for extra passengers are available from most of the main cruise lines these days. I guess they might be ok for those categories you outlined but not for us lol. Dont think I could cope with my son and his g/f with this arrangement. Out of interest is this what you are likely to get if you book a "family of 4". My older son has 2 young children 4 and 8 so it might be ok.

I have seen these offers on other lines including Celebrity if I recall rightly.It makes sense for the Cruise lines if they can squeeze a couple of extra bodies into a room. Given the price of drinks, excursions etc they are going to be quids in.

BTW.. We are ravelling on the Iona (new P&O ship) on the 16th january 2021. Select fare inside room free parking £784 for 14 nights Spain Portugal and the Canaries. Cheap as chips. Thats £56 a night. Anyone interested lol

Yes I plan well ahead. So many cruises booked I am get a bit muddled so there is a big planner on the wall now.

Edited by johnnyd57uk

18 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I once witnessed a couple being checked in.  They didn't have their Set Sail type doc, but they knew their cabin number, which was used to pull-up their info.  They were asked, Oh, are you the Smiths?  They said, no they were the Jones'.  Turns out that the Smiths and Jones' were in the same traveling group and the TA booked them in the same cabin (and it was not a suite).  It appeared that Mr Jones was the person who had dealt with the TA and believe me his female traveling companion was not happy to find out at check-in that they were going to be sharing a cabin with another couple they knew slightly.  It was a sold out 7 day cruise, and about the only thing they could do was to board the ship and see if anything could be done by ship staff.

I wondered if Mr Jones in a bid to save some money tried to take advantage of those '3rd & 4th person' travels free promotions - not realizing that the 3rd & 4th person are booked in the same room.  To this day I wondered what happened to that couple.

They made a movie called Bob and Ted and Carol and Alice.