Any Upsell offers lately?

smj

Has anyone gotten any upsell offers lately? We sail in about 3 weeks. There are still cabins available. We did book a cabin which we will be happy with but I would not might a better cabin if the price was agreeable.

We recently got an upsell offer exactly 15 days before our sail date, so you can hope you may get one yet.

Our offer was good, but we did not take it,  as we were happy with our cabin.

Just because someone who is on another cruise receives an upsell offer doesn't mean there are any available on YOUR cruise.

I agree with Lyn that the thing to do is to call either O or your TA and ask if any are available for your cruise.

Mura

It seems that lots of us think that all upsells are the same but from what I have seen that isn't necessarily the case.  It can depend on your cruise, just for starters.  I once took an upsell to an owner's suite on Regatta, but that doesn't mean the same offer would have been available on other sailings, or even available on other Regatta sailings.

It can be good to know just what someone was offered for an upsale if you want to get a feeling for what kind of offer might be possible.  But I wouldn't count on it being the same everywhere.

I have gotten past upsell offers, on the Marina , for an A2-various PH from $1200, $850, and $500 each. On some cruises I received no offers at all. 

Once I was offered over $10K to give up my A2 for a cruise that only cost $6k. I fortunately declined that offer! The Marina no longer goes to Australia and NZ! 

Not all offers are are the same. Not all TAs can make the same offer. Sometimes there are no offers. Book what you’re happy with and be quick to ack when made an offer. I declined the $1200 offer, took the 850 offer, and was to late in responding for the $500 one. To late was defined as a couple of hours, I went without checking my email or phone because I was getting a colonoscopy! Now that was a pain in the rear!

• Like 1

We received an offer to upgrade from A2 to PH for C$2500 each (!) on the current Marina 18 day Lima-NY cruise.  I countered with $500 each, which I didn't expect them to accept.  They didn't.

As it turned out, the Concierge Lounge has been effectively useless for the last ~12 days due to a norovirus outbreak, so I'm going to be looking for a rebate.  Again, I don't expect them to play, but we'll see how much they value my business.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, doublebzz said:

Also sailing in 3 weeks and am amenable to an upsell offer.  Please let us know if you receive one and I will do likewise.

Received an upsell offer yesterday exactly 2 weeks prior to sailing.  It was $700pp to upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony.  When I add the $1,400 to my original fare, it would be close to what a balcony cost initially so I turned it down.  Also, since I haven't received my cabin assignment yet, its hard to make an intelligent choice.