Specialty Dining Reservations

ama

When can we book specialty dining reservations - is it 90 or 120 days out? Do we need to purchase additional dining packages before making reservations? We have 2 “free” packages with the promo - but are planning to purchase additional packages for our kids. 

I just randomly checked the app and it looks like I can reserve. Although I can’t seem to make reservations for 7 for some of the restaurants - can only do for 6 or 8. Should I be reserving for 8? And Teppanyaki I seem to be only able to reserve 4. Is calling the better way? 

Edited by ama

You can book 120 days out (130 if you are in a suite).

You don’t need to buy the additional packages yet. The system assumes that if the person booking has the package then so does everyone else. It is only a factor in the fixed price places anyway as a pa carte ones don’t have a charge when reserving.

if we can’t book for the number of people we have then we book the next number up and adjust it onboard

Thank you! I was able to call and the rep suggested that I leave the reservations I made for 8 and  adjust later on board. I was also able to get us a Teppanyaki reservation, which I couldn’t do online for our party of 8. Definitely not a lot of time choices when you have a larger party.

Only thing I need to figure out now is if we want to do the Cirque Dreams & Steam show and book the other complimentary shows. Whew!

7 minutes ago, Voelfgar said:

Hmm, my cruise is 100 days out, but when I go to the restaurants, it says, "not available to book"

Reservations opened 130 for suites and 120 for everyone else. People who call and talk to a live agent (gasp) will get prime time reservations. Those who wait for the website to catch up,,,, may be dining at 9:30 nightly. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 4:29 PM, Voelfgar said:

Hmm, my cruise is 100 days out, but when I go to the restaurants, it says, "not available to book"

We are 77 days out and still not able to book

On 3/25/2019 at 1:33 AM, ama said:

When can we book specialty dining reservations - is it 90 or 120 days out? Do we need to purchase additional dining packages before making reservations? We have 2 “free” packages with the promo - but are planning to purchase additional packages for our kids. 

I just randomly checked the app and it looks like I can reserve. Although I can’t seem to make reservations for 7 for some of the restaurants - can only do for 6 or 8. Should I be reserving for 8? And Teppanyaki I seem to be only able to reserve 4. Is calling the better way? 

yes and yes: book for  8 and call them directly. 

42 minutes ago, swimmom1 said:

If we are in a suite do we need to make reservations prior or will the concierge do that for us when we arrive.  Thanks

It is always better to book yourself exactly 130 days prior to departure. 

The concierge has the ability to overbook a restaurant,,, not necessarily at the time you want. But once a restaurant is totally overbooked, even the concierge can’t get you a seat.