Coffee pots on the Regal

Slyfox16

• 4 weeks later...

Princess does furnish kettles in the cabins on certain ships deployed in Asia. And did so as of last summer on a single ship (Sapphire Princess) when homeported in Southampton. No word if that will continue, especially as Sapphire will not return to the British Isles after 2019.

Notice that what Princess offered were kettles. Coffee makers, never. 

4 hours ago, fishywood said:

Princess does furnish kettles in the cabins on certain ships deployed in Asia. And did so as of last summer on a single ship (Sapphire Princess) when homeported in Southampton. No word if that will continue, especially as Sapphire will not return to the British Isles after 2019.

Notice that what Princess offered were kettles. Coffee makers, never. 

It's strange that they would do it on only Asian cruises and not others. 

I wonder what they do with the kettles when they leave Asia?

None in Balcony cabins on Majestic from Australia to Asia cruise recently.

Noticed that a very large number of (Asian) guests carried shopping bags to the buffet, containing thermos flasks which they filled every evening...mostly  NOT using clean mugs to transfer from Coffee dispenser !!!

Not sure why International Cafe fails to provide coffee at no cost for those who do not want speciality coffee...it is available in Royal Caribbean's equivalent area !

Kettles/ Coffee makers would be most useful, in my opinion. They DO come with automatic switch off !

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 7:32 AM, Reina del Mar said:

None in Balcony cabins on Majestic from Australia to Asia cruise recently.

Noticed that a very large number of (Asian) guests carried shopping bags to the buffet, containing thermos flasks which they filled every evening...mostly  NOT using clean mugs to transfer from Coffee dispenser !!!

Not sure why International Cafe fails to provide coffee at no cost for those who do not want speciality coffee...it is available in Royal Caribbean's equivalent area !

Kettles/ Coffee makers would be most useful, in my opinion. They DO come with automatic switch off !

This!

I believe the fire on Princess was from a smoker not an in cabin coffee pot.

I also believe that they do come with automatic shut off.

Has anyone brought their own small coffee maker for in the cabin? Other cruiselines have them with no issues.

Thanks! 😊

I think the amount of extra work for the stewards is one reason they don't have coffee makers / kettles.    Cleaning them, restocking the supplies, cleaning up spills, etc.  

The stewards already have more and more cabins to maintain - this would mean changing the workload.  

To the OP: there are no kettles or coffee pots in Princess ships.  Sad face.

My work around - as a dedicated coffee nerd - is to bring my AeroPress and to request hot water from room service.  Thank you tea addicts - they bring you a very nice carafe full of hot water.  A few minutes later amazing coffee happens without endangering the ship's wiring, etc.  

I would love to bring my travel kettle but it's just not happening.  They will pull it when they scan luggage for stuff you can't bring on board (like travel kettles and coffee pots).

I may try thermos jug upstairs at the buffet each night to get hot water and thus have it ready in the morning on my next cruise but do I really want to drag a thermos along?