Port/Island compared to ship time

beshears

I believe I know, but I want to make sure. We will be leaving on Sunday for our cruise.  If we go on a tour, should we follow the ship time (I don't know if the ship changes time when it arrives at the different ports), or the island/port time?

Ship, ship, ship, ship.  Always ship time.  There is almost always a clock on the wall with the ship's time as you disembark.  Make sure you have a watch or some kind of timepiece that will not automatically change to local time.  If your phone connects to local Wi-Fi (or, heaven forbid, the local cell network) it will most probably change and then you will either miss the ship or be back early when you could have more time in port.

On Carnival...the Fun Times in your cabin will note the time used.

Also, there are clocks around.  Check one before debarking at a port.  Make sure your watch reads the same. 

Tell your vendor/excursion leader, if not a ship excursion, what time you are showing and what time your watch/Fun times says you need to be back.

If a reputable excursion provider, they will know.

But unless you are leaving the ship later in the day or going on an excursion a ways away from port (more than an hour bus ride, for example), you probably don't need to be overly concerned on time difference.