What is a journey cruise?

marmac761

A "Journeys" cruise is usually 10 days or longer.  We were on a 14 day Journeys cruise to Hawaii and there were more activities, including talks, dance lessons and meet and greets.  There was also more variation with entertainers and a 3rd "throwback" elegant night.

I wanted to add, that there is a free craft class in the library on sea days, on throwback day there will be food that is no longer on the menu, that there will be local chefs demonstrating their culinary skills and that there will be local entertainment from most ports. I am going on the NOV 2 Breeze journey out of orlando. We are so excited!

13 minutes ago, vicky3vicky said:

I wanted to add, that there is a free craft class in the library on sea days, on throwback day there will be food that is no longer on the menu, that there will be local chefs demonstrating their culinary skills and that there will be local entertainment from most ports. I am going on the NOV 2 Breeze journey out of orlando. We are so excited!

We did that one this past year, you will have a blast.  I did a review if you want to see some pics and descriptions 

Carnival BREEZE passed thru my island on September 25th. last year

while repositioning from one home port -Galveston TX

to her new home port - Port Canaveral, FL

Carnival made a Journeys cruise out of it. The Itinerary looked like this..

Look at all the flags!

N Breeze RepoCruise.jpg

Breeze-310 desktop.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Aplmac said:

I could be wrong, but I think this is a 12-day itinerary

from another Carnival Journeys cruise.

GLORY passed thru here on 21st. February this year

GLORY Journeys itin.JPG

Glory-869.jpg

I was on this journey cruise. Was a great cruise

• Like 2

We are booked on the Mardi Gras in September 2020 15 day Caribbean Journey Cruise. I’ve never been on a journey cruise. This is also our milestone 25th cruise and we will be turning diamond on this cruise. I can’t wait. 

53 minutes ago, didugger said:

We are booked on the Mardi Gras in September 2020

-a 15 day Caribbean Journey Cruise. I’ve never been on a journey cruise.

This is also our milestone 25th cruise and we will be turning Diamond on this cruise.

I can’t wait. 

Congrats on that! ^

Now make my day

and tell me that your itinerary includes Barbados....?

1 hour ago, didugger said:

We are booked on the Mardi Gras in September 2020 15 day Caribbean Journey Cruise. I’ve never been on a journey cruise. This is also our milestone 25th cruise and we will be turning diamond on this cruise. I can’t wait. 

congrats on all, if you are using this for milestone credit, you chose wisely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, didugger said:

Hope you booked an expensive cabin that OBC of 25% comes in handy. My Milestone was in Feb on Glory Journey cruise. The 500 dollars helped me come home with more money than i spent on the ship Have a great Cruise

Edited by jmcathome

On 3/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, Aplmac said:

I could be wrong, but I think this is a 12-day itinerary

from another Carnival Journeys cruise.

GLORY passed thru here on 21st. February this year

GLORY Journeys itin.JPG

Glory-869.jpg

We were on this cruise. We had a blast!

On 3/27/2019 at 4:26 PM, jmcathome said:

I was on this journey cruise. Was a great cruise

Hubby and I were, too. I don't know that we'll ever be satisfied with anything less now.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2019 at 2:12 PM, marmac761 said:

I notice the Hawaii cruises I’ve been looking at say journey cruise. What does it mean when it says Journey cruise?

We've done several Journey cruises and we love them. Few things to be aware of, guests considerably older, tons of platinum/diamond so those perks aren't really much good.

Also, FYI, one of those was the Hawaiin cruise you're considering. We didn't think much of 10 days at sea cuz we love to lay out. Well, we had a 30 kts headwind all the way to Hawaii and all the way back ( I know, sounds impossible). Outside decks were closed, lounge chairs strapped down, and we missed 2 ports due to high seas. 10 days inside the ship were too long. Now, we did this in January, so probably not the best time of year. I'm sure this isn't the norm, but it sure ruined our vacation. Think I'd fly if I do it again. The Atlantic + Pacific are whole different birds than the Caribbean.