change of free excursion to OBC

kroeni

With the new policy regarding ability to spend SBC on purchasing excursions et al pre-cruise, not sure how the website would handle the split you describe.

What I can tell you is that the "cash" (non-refundable SBC) value of one O Life excursion (1 person) is $100 regardless of it's published cost.

You could take the SBC O Life option and buy some excursions pre-cruise. But, if the average cost of the excursions exceeds $100, you'd be throwing some $$ away. You might also consider, booking all your allotted O Life excursions pre-cruise and then cancelling one/some within the allowable window once onboard. That should get you a $100 non-refundable SBC credit per person/per excursion.

Since we folks who use TAs already know, you can handle the O Life transactions yourself. I suggest that you call Oceania and ask about  ability to do the split. I'm guessing the answer will be "no."

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

I think you only get the OBC  for excursions cancelled by Oceania

It is like the non refundable OBC  ..use it or lose it

You could always take the OBC perk & just buy the excursion you want ..may or may not work out as value for money 

5 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You might also consider, booking all your allotted O Life excursions pre-cruise and then cancelling one/some within the allowable window once onboard. That should get you a $100 non-refundable SBC credit per person/per excursion.

I don’t believe that you can cancel O Life excursions for OBC once onboard. If one of your O Life excursions gets cancelled by the cruise line (i.e. cannot dock, etc) then you will receive $100 non refundable OBC regardless of how much the excursion cost.

17 hours ago, kroeni said:

We are taking an Alaskan cruise and got 3 free excursions. Most of the excursions seems not attractive to us so we are only taking two. Can we change the third one to an OBC?

You can also "refare" your cruise without the OLife option and get $300 pp off your cruise fare. This way there will be no pressure to book any O excursions if you don't want to.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:10 AM, Paulchili said:

I don’t believe that you can cancel O Life excursions for OBC once onboard. If one of your O Life excursions gets cancelled by the cruise line (i.e. cannot dock, etc) then you will receive $100 non refundable OBC regardless of how much the excursion cost.

Yup, another way they screw you. So OLife "free" excursions cost $100 each if you calculate it out. If a port is cancelled by Oceania or otherwise, they give you $100 non-refundable credit.  Wow you get your $100 back as a non-refundable credit. So generous.

Edited by ano