Angled balcony or mini suite- do I bid?

kmc86

Currently I have an angled balcony cabin on the Escape. I need your opinions- should I bid on a mini suite with regular size balcony or stay with the little bit larger angled balcony?

No way! I have an angled balcony on the Escape for my upcoming sailing on April 7th. I've had an angled balcony on the Escape and Bliss in the past. They are great! Have your room steward bring you a lounger on the first day. I was even reluctant to bid on a Spa Mini-suite (just bid the minimum). No way would I give up my angled balcony for just a normal mini-suite! Definitely not worth giving up that balcony space for just a slightly larger bathroom in my opinion.

37 minutes ago, kmc86 said:

Thanks, I’m torn,lol, bigger bathroom or larger balcony....

Have you been in a Balcony room on any of the -Away Class ships yet? The bathrooms are a pretty decent size. If you have more than two people in the room, the bigger bathroom might be nice. For two people, I have never had an issue with the size of the balcony bathrooms. There's actually more counter space in the balcony bathrooms, because the "double sink" in the mini-suites takes up more space.

Check the prices before you bid if you still considering about moving.  We are on the Bliss for the May 12th cruise.  The prices dropped so much that there were some in our group, (We have 11 cabins booked) were able to move from an inside to a balcony at no cost since they paid more for the inside cabin then what certain classes of the balcony are going for now.  Others in the group who had a balcony already paid for were able to move to a mini suite at no cost.  However, you would have to call the TA if you are working with one, or directly with NCL to request the upgrade at no cost since the prices are lower than what you paid for your cabin.  

4 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Your bathroom will be plenty big. Even if these cabins were identical cost, I would not move.  Angled balcony all the way. 

That's how I feel! I wouldn't trade an angled balcony for a mini-suite for free! Much less PAY to "upgrade". On a cruise, I am minimizing bathroom time and maximizing balcony time. It's a no-brainer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedRover96 said:

Aren't there some large balcony mini-suites on deck 8, M6's, might be a thought.  Some people really like them because of their convivence to deck 8 restaurants bars, etc.! Are those specifically biddable?

The M6's are my cabin of choice on these ships. I would certainly pay more for them.

I don't know whether you can specifically bid on them though. I am actually booked in one of my upcoming Breakaway cruise, and the bidding emails I've received think I'm in a standard mini suite, so I wonder whether they are a category that the bidding system knows about.

2 hours ago, RedRover96 said:

Aren't there some large balcony mini-suites on deck 8, M6's, might be a thought.  Some people really like them because of their convivence to deck 8 restaurants bars, etc.! Are those specifically biddable?

No, the Mini-suites with Large Balconies (M6) are not broken out as a separate category for bidding. They are just lumped in with "Mini-suites". The only category that is broken out separately is M9, the Spa Mini-Suites.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:41 AM, kmc86 said:

Currently I have an angled balcony cabin on the Escape. I need your opinions- should I bid on a mini suite with regular size balcony or stay with the little bit larger angled balcony?

My $0.02.  We have sailed with both.  Our preference is the angled balcony.  We used it more than the upgraded shower.