Harmony Solarium question

I am going on a 3 night cruise to Nassau. I expect a party atmosphere given people wanting a fun filled long weekend.That’s okay, it’s a big ship. Is the Solarium crazy or does the staff keep an eye on the rowdiness?  We’re going the second week in May. Thanks

Are you sailing on May 9? I am on that sailing, but I’m not expecting any rowdiness on the cruise.  I’ve never sailed on a cruise where passengers were considered to be rowdy.  I’ve sailed on spring break and yes, some of the college kids can have a lot of fun. I’ve never seen anything over the top. .  As needed, security staff are near the action, and seem to do a fantastic blend of letting the kids have fun, and making sure that no one gets hurt.  

The solarium is usually much quieter. You can’t even hear the pool music in the solarium.   

I wouldn’t  worry, unless of course you’re looking for a rowdy  time😄

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Are you sailing on May 9? I am on that sailing, but I’m not expecting any rowdiness on the cruise. 

Yes, I will be on that one too. 

It’s been a long time since I have been on a RCCL cruise. I am so glad the solarium is still a great place to relax. Thanks everyone.

Edited by Curleegirl

Harmony does not have a pool in the Solarium, so that may help with any "craziness".  It was always for calm and quiet when I sailed on her.  It was a nice place to do breakfast and lunch too!  There are a lot more "lively" places onboard, so I am thinking perhaps the Solarium may be spared!  Lol!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I’ve never had there be music in there...

Fair enough, I plan on chilling out there a lot on my upcoming cruise. But I did by coincidence by some of the new AirPods this morning at the Apple Store, so guess those will be there with me.

2 hours ago, JP82 said:

Fair enough, I plan on chilling out there a lot on my upcoming cruise. But I did by coincidence by some of the new AirPods this morning at the Apple Store, so guess those will be there with me.

It is very relaxing!  Though, on Symphony, it was SO HOT!

14 minutes ago, george35 said:

What are the breakfast hours on the Harmony?? Do they serve eggs & meat?

george35

Hours vary, see the Compass.  Yes, they serve eggs and meat in the Solarium Cafe.

On 3/29/2019 at 4:33 AM, JP82 said:

Does the Solarium have music of it's own or is it without music?

We've been on the Harmony the past two Octobers and were in the Solarium every morning.   I really thought there was nice mellow "New Age" / meditation type music.   It was one of the things I loved.  

There was an occasional group of noisy seniors who talked quite loudly for a while, but no rowdiness in the morning.   

I usually ate breakfast there.   They didn't do 'made to order' omelets, but had scrambled and fried eggs, oatmeal behind the counter, bacon/sausage, tomatoes and beans (English breakfast), lots of fruits, pastries, muffins, breads, and other things I can't recall.   Much less crowded than the buffet.   

• Thanks 1