Great Stirrup Cay - Private Lagoon Retreat

lawcruiseboy

18 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

We're onboard Dawn now, going to GSC Friday. We called every day prior to boarding on the 26th and were unable to upgrade our small cabana to a villa. Once we boarded we asked our concierge Roel, and he was unable to upgrade us at that time. He kept checking and finally called us last night to let us know that the ship had finally "received the download" and he was able to upgrade us! Price for us is $475, so it definitely fluctuates with ship/demand.

WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!!

That is amazing for you - hoping you have a wonderful time and enjoy every moment. I will try to reserve a spot for our sailing, but would love to see some photos if you could when you have a minute. 

Now...just hoping that the weather holds for you and you can catch that tender ashore!!

Have a great day on the Cay!

Amy

On 5/1/2019 at 9:35 AM, Wendy&Grumpy said:

We're onboard Dawn now, going to GSC Friday. We called every day prior to boarding on the 26th and were unable to upgrade our small cabana to a villa. Once we boarded we asked our concierge Roel, and he was unable to upgrade us at that time. He kept checking and finally called us last night to let us know that the ship had finally "received the download" and he was able to upgrade us! Price for us is $475, so it definitely fluctuates with ship/demand.

Wendy & Grumpy....

Hope you had an amazing cruise and am just salivating waiting for an update re: GSC...

Did you get to spend time in the villas?

Was it everything you hoped and more?

Living vicariously through you until we are able to get there ourselves in June (crossing fingers) - shorex and pre-concierge still saying "no bookings at current time"!

Amy

16 hours ago, amygutman said:

Wendy & Grumpy....

Hope you had an amazing cruise and am just salivating waiting for an update re: GSC...

Did you get to spend time in the villas?

Was it everything you hoped and more?

Living vicariously through you until we are able to get there ourselves in June (crossing fingers) - shorex and pre-concierge still saying "no bookings at current time"!

Amy

Yes, and it was!

Haven Studio Villa 34

20190503_080155.jpg

Larger villas still under construction.

We were told by staff living on the island that the swimming lagoon idea is not working out and the new plan is to put a pool instead, like at Harvest Caye. We were also told in the future people will be able to book & stay in the larger villas for a week at a time?! Will be interesting to how/if that works out!

20190503_115607.jpg

20190503_115610.jpg

20190503_115615.jpg

20190503_115620.jpg

Really looks quite beautiful! Thank you so much for posting pictures. QUESTION: Can Haven guests go to that beach and NOT rent a villa? Just hang on a beach lounger with umbrella? And not do the spa thing, I mean. Just a day at the beach in the Haven area?

Edited by Greenpea2

19 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Really looks quite beautiful! Thank you so much for posting pictures. QUESTION: Can Haven guests go to that beach and NOT rent a villa? Just hang on a beach lounger with umbrella? And not do the spa thing, I mean. Just a day at the beach in the Haven area?

I know that's how it was initially advertised, however no one was being allowed into that area without a villa or spa guest wristband.  And the beach area really isn't large enough for all the Haven guests - maybe once they get the lagoon/pool area open it'll be opened up to all Haven guests?

Just now, Wendy&Grumpy said:

I know that's how it was initially advertised, however no one was being allowed into that area without a villa or spa guest wristband.  And the beach area really isn't large enough for all the Haven guests - maybe once they get the lagoon/pool area open it'll be opened up to all Haven guests?

This.  You had to have a villa wristband to get on the transportation to the private beach.  And it is quite a distance from the main beach area.

OK, thanks for the answers. I would imagine they will eventually have a space for "regular" Haven guests. But maybe not. I'd be fine with just going to the regular beach area, I was just curious.

6 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

OK, thanks for the answers. I would imagine they will eventually have a space for "regular" Haven guests. But maybe not. I'd be fine with just going to the regular beach area, I was just curious.

If they actually put in a pool area like at Harvest Caye and open it up to all Haven guests (only), that would be amazing!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

If they actually put in a pool area like at Harvest Caye and open it up to all Haven guests (only), that would be amazing!

Yes, it would. I think they almost have to have an area for the rest of the Haven guests. There would be too much complaining if they didn't, lol. Now there's a future multi-page thread!

I am surprised the area is not big enough for all Havens guests. That was the plan as described a couple years ago when it closed to be re-developed.  The area that was set aside for Havens guests was a crowded section with no shade ... it was/is terrible!

7 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

I am surprised the area is not big enough for all Havens guests. That was the plan as described a couple years ago when it closed to be re-developed.  The area that was set aside for Havens guests was a crowded section with no shade ... it was/is terrible!

It's only the Studio Villa beach (that's open now) that isn't big enough for all Haven guests. The lagoon area is huge, and whether they finish the lagoon for swimming or put in a pool as is rumored, it'll be HUGE... plenty big enough for all Haven guests, I'm sure. 🙂 

14 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

It's only the Studio Villa beach (that's open now) that isn't big enough for all Haven guests. The lagoon area is huge, and whether they finish the lagoon for swimming or put in a pool as is rumored, it'll be HUGE... plenty big enough for all Haven guests, I'm sure. 🙂 

On 5/1/2019 at 9:35 AM, Wendy&Grumpy said:

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

This is EVERYTHING WE HOPED FOR AND MORE!!!

I am absolutely grateful to you both for the review and the photos - they truly showcase the positives and negatives of the area. 

It looks absolutely wonderful, but we love the beach so much and it seems like the lagoon area is not really looking "swim ready". 

Most importantly - it sounds like you both had an amazing time and got to experience an amazing "resort on a beach" for a day. 

Thanks for making my day after a hellish night shift...38 days to go for us! Amy

• Like 1

22 hours ago, amygutman said:

And...If I didn't say it...thank you so much for taking the time. It really means a lot that you went out of your way.

Have a great day - Amy

You're very welcome!

Happy to share. 🙂 

• 1 month later...

Question for someone who has had a villa--- do they have a safe in them, or somewhere we could lock up credit cards, phones, etc, while we're out in the water or wandering around?  We have a villa booked during our sailing on the Sun in August, super excited!!!! Thanks!!

46 minutes ago, Dany6 said:

Question for someone who has had a villa--- do they have a safe in them, or somewhere we could lock up credit cards, phones, etc, while we're out in the water or wandering around?  We have a villa booked during our sailing on the Sun in August, super excited!!!! Thanks!!

I don't recall seeing one. We just put our stuff in the closet and closed the sliding glass doors when we were out and about. 

There were servers and other staff around the area all day.

11 minutes ago, amygutman said:

I just re-looked at all of WendyandGrumpy's photos as we enter the "3 days and counting" phase....

Oh, my, goodness..just cannot contain my excitement!!!!

Amy

Same! We have one reserved for Saturday and I feel like I’m going to jump out of my skin with excitement. I just hope we actually make it to GSC!

• Like 1