Norwegian Escape to Florida and the Bahamas

BirdTravels

45 minutes ago, RnR_cruise said:

Wow. Your posts are amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this in such detail. We will be like ships passing in the night, but during the day. I am sailing on Sunday the 14th.

If you would be so kind, I have a question about lobster. Previously, I had seen pictures of MDR menus that had lobster for a upcharge. Are they still doing this or is lobster only at Ocean Blue?

Thanks again!

Only at Byamos by Ocean Blue. Not in MDR (menus attached above).  Lobsters left the menus in August 2016. And has left the Ocean Blue menu on some ships. 

2 hours ago, tomservo said:

Woo hoo! Another BirdTravels review!! I consider your reviews to be the gold standard for cruise live blogging and hope to return the favor on my upcoming Getaway cruise.

Here’s a link to our Getaway cruise to the Western Caribbean last August.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Does the Ocean Blue waterfront still have lobster rolls?

They don't have lobster rolls anywhere on Escape.  Believe me, I just got off Sunday and I asked at every restaurant!  Very disappointed due to the Breakaway having the Ocean Blue walk up window.

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Choir of Man. “The most popular show in the fleet”. 

Remember to show up a little early and have the cast pour you a pint of beer. 

wrt the Supper Club, guest performers with complimentary dinners are booked through August with contracts as short as 1 week. NCL is evaluating replacing Choir of Man in the club. After Midnight’s 5-year contact is also up this year with no word on whether it will be renewed. 

81349E5A-94C2-403B-89F6-EE9498BA75CD.jpeg

2559E1BB-A17B-4A41-A017-DA4B3C2447FD.jpeg

6DE5A23F-BEBC-4A2B-98EC-04F54AD64AEA.jpeg

9D48E93E-1A0B-42B6-8E0A-DD0AACBBDCBC.jpeg

they already announced Choir of Man as being part of the entertainment on the Encore so maybe they are just "moving" from Escape to Encore? 

21 minutes ago, kenns said:

they already announced Choir of Man as being part of the entertainment on the Encore so maybe they are just "moving" from Escape to Encore? 

I'm booked on the Escape 9/1 and it says Choir of Man is performing (I know it can change in a heartbeat!). Really hoping I get to see it in September!

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but Choir of Man is no longer in the Supper Club.  It's in the main theater.

And, like its NCL sibling shows on other ships (Million Dollar Quartet, Rock of Ages, etc), it proves NCL has the best entertainment at sea, IMO!

• Like 2

“Choir of Man” does not mean that the same performers stay on the ship forever. Most have 6 month contracts. The original UK cast will be doing a world tour soon, which they promote on the ship. Their replacements are probably already in training in Tampa. 

And yes, the show was the most popular in the fleet, so less than 10 months after paying to have it installed in the Supper Club, they reinstalled it in the main theater. 

The photos tons above are from the show in the main theater last night. 

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, tumblew467 said:

can you tell me how long Choir of men is ?  thanks

The show runs 1 hour 15 minutes, but the “show”’ starts before the published show time with the cast inviting the audience up on stage where they will pull pints for you (our at least plastic cups of beer). Great fun!

Spent the afternoon touring the Kennedy Space Center. The bus tour of the center. The Saturn V display. The Atlantis exhibit. Simply fantastic! 

The doors of the Vehicle Assembly Building were open and we got a peek of the Space Launch System vehicle being assembled on a mobile launcher. 

3D0FA545-2C34-407D-B444-E3EC6A428E4E.jpeg

A7A51D83-7390-4436-8A33-66CA1AACA93C.jpeg

0BE284B8-4EB6-4929-8F95-DFA441B9FAA3.jpeg

524C7FCB-302E-443B-8580-B97EC90E48E7.jpeg

98909AE6-3C3F-462B-8CD5-D854A756ED62.jpeg

3FCA0708-D713-487A-B4CA-505D1D50BADD.jpeg

C9EF01F1-EC78-4DA8-86D1-B531E3C6FB94.jpeg

ADD405C7-BC4C-4104-97B4-45ABC9FF9C9C.jpeg

CB865C88-7AA5-4311-9F3C-61CB36582B95.jpeg

33A95AB4-BFC0-4888-8481-AAD30DE773B9.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels