Norwegian Escape to Florida and the Bahamas

BirdTravels

22 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Can you tell me if they still have separate trays for "Bacon" and "Crispy Bacon" in the buffet on the Escape? They didn't have them on the Bliss in February and I was SO BUMMED!

Good Morning Jamie

I need to amend my prior comment, while there were separate crispy bacon trays yesterday,,, today there are generic “bacon”betrays in the buffet. 

Today is turnaround day (since the Escape currently provisions in Port Canaveral and not New York - leveraging NCL’s central provisioning that cover all of the Florida ports). Could they be nearly out of bacon and not have enough to make both types???? Gasp

Edited by BirdTravels

Hello. Thank you for the pictures and info so far. We are going on the same cruise next week and am grateful to be able to see the dailies. My DW asks me if you could post a picture of the hairdryer in the room. She also asks if there are outlets for her own hairdryer if she brings it. We know there are some outlets where hairdryers are a no no. Thanks again.

55 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Good Morning Jamie

I need to amend my prior comment, while there were separate crispy bacon trays yesterday,,, today there are generic “bacon”betrays in the buffet. 

Today is turnaround day (since the Escape currently provisions in Port Canaveral and not New York - leveraging NCL’s central provisioning that cover all of the Florida ports). Could they be nearly out of bacon and not have enough to make both types???? Gasp

One last retraction. I did find one station on the port side with crispy bacon. It opened later. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookieretired said:

Hello. Thank you for the pictures and info so far. We are going on the same cruise next week and am grateful to be able to see the dailies. My DW asks me if you could post a picture of the hairdryer in the room. She also asks if there are outlets for her own hairdryer if she brings it. We know there are some outlets where hairdryers are a no no. Thanks again.

She won't be allowed to bring her own hairdryer. Anything with a heating element is on the prohibited items list:

https://www.ncl.com/prohibited-items

Just now, BirdTravels said:

One last retraction. I did find one station on the port side with crispy bacon. It opened later. 

I appreciate your diligence! It seems I might have to do some exploring to find my crispy bacon some mornings.

25 minutes ago, Rookieretired said:

The hairdryer in the room is ok. No need to carry your own (but you would have to convince DW about that). 

There are three US and one European plugs on the desktop. 

There is one shaver outlet above the sink in the bathroom (no hair dryers). 

There are USB ports on the bedside lights (although a cyber savvy person would tell you to never plug into a untrusted USB port since there is always a chance that in will introduce malware). 

754B234D-FBE4-410E-8C72-79FB8713CC49.jpeg

A473DFB3-BC16-4D4E-AA16-0D2C503364FB.jpeg

7DC168B0-28DD-46DD-818F-2AA58822D8BE.jpeg

D724F961-93E3-45B4-8BDF-5AF333BAA93E.jpeg

DE2F8439-53A7-486D-84D1-0CF5D0024636.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

20 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

She won't be allowed to bring her own hairdryer. Anything with a heating element is on the prohibited items list:

https://www.ncl.com/prohibited-items

Actually, under the NCL Guest Conduct policy, there is an exception that allows you to bring your own hair dryer and curling iron. 

ITEMS WITH HEATING ELEMENTS OR OPEN FLAMES
Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted onboard. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed and may require a converter.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The newest Bayamo by Ocean Blue menu

84B51E13-9004-4219-AFD6-007C7E185409.jpeg

1B5D3C72-B623-4CF6-9782-F420A34723DC.jpeg

ED460D47-67EF-463F-9CE7-72EB5C5530C9.jpeg

E13F20BC-D499-47CE-90D4-F99C1568DD33.jpeg

Just got off Escape on Sunday.  I'm so disappointed in NCL for now charging an up charge for lobster, after already paying an up charge to eat at this particular specialty restaurant!  Really?  $15 up charge in addition to one of your free at sea restaurant choices.  Then pay another $9.99 to get lobster.  First they take lobster out of the Main Dining room, then they take it out of Cagney's, then they take lobster out of Food Republic (lobster rolls).  I've sailed the Breakaway 3 times out of NYC and this year Escape.  Each cruise things have been eliminated.  It is starting to not be my favorite cruise line anymore!  

9 minutes ago, ksmcdonald said:

Just got off Escape on Sunday.  I'm so disappointed in NCL for now charging an up charge for lobster, after already paying an up charge to eat at this particular specialty restaurant!  Really?  $15 up charge in addition to one of your free at sea restaurant choices.  Then pay another $9.99 to get lobster.  First they take lobster out of the Main Dining room, then they take it out of Cagney's, then they take lobster out of Food Republic (lobster rolls).  I've sailed the Breakaway 3 times out of NYC and this year Escape.  Each cruise things have been eliminated.  It is starting to not be my favorite cruise line anymore!  

It’s a $10 upcharge + 20% gratuity for $12. 

Lobster, as an item, was removed from all specialty restaurants (including Cagney’s) except Ocean Blue in August 2016 (been gone for a long while). And removed from the MDR several years before that (a long, long while ago). 

Lobster (as an item) was removed from the Ocean Blue menu on Bliss in April 2018. 

Since severing relations with celebrity chefs Geoffrey Zakarian and Jose Garcia, Bayamo and Ocean Blue menus have continued to evolve. 

• Like 1

Nomita Ramschunjan, Asst Hotel Director was someone I met during the M&G a few weeks ago.  Sweet and helpful person.  She’s the one who offered to let me view the Escape Haven (as I was a previous Haven guest and wanted to see the difference from other Havens).  She had one of her staff accompany me, as I wasn’t able to just go off on my own.  But, I didn’t mind that.  Bartender actually made me a drink to take with me while i was walking around.

Great person and nice of her to do that for me.

@BirdTravels   Thanks so much for taking time out of your cruise to post so many photos and add your running commentary.  We leave in 61 days and this just upped the excitement level. 

Re: Spa -- I can almost smell it.  And that's a good, calming sensation.

Re: Food - Now I'm hungry! Enjoy looking at the menus.

Re: Excercise - I wish there were some aerobic style classes, like step or Zumba.  TRX is not something I want to "intro" on a cruise.

Wow. Your posts are amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this in such detail. We will be like ships passing in the night, but during the day. I am sailing on Sunday the 14th.

If you would be so kind, I have a question about lobster. Previously, I had seen pictures of MDR menus that had lobster for a upcharge. Are they still doing this or is lobster only at Ocean Blue?

Thanks again!