Differences between Oriana and Arcadia, please

PrincessPete

After our recent 28 nighter on Oriana our next P&O cruise is a 19 night Med trip in April next year.

Would anyone who has sailed on both ships kindly comment on the main differences we will find, please.

Some of my thoughts for starters:

Arcadia is a little, but not significantly, bigger.

There is only one show lounge on Arcadia - how does that work for a second evening show where Oriana has the Theatre and the Pacific Lounge?

Arcadia only has one main restaurant but is on two levels. Do they "feel" like one restaurant or is the one on the higher deck essentially blocked from view making it "separate".

Which level is Freedom Dining on?

They are just my non-scientific thoughts looking at Arcadia's deck plans. Any comments from those who know much appreciated. 

Kind regards.

Peter

I have sailed on Oriana many times and Arcadia only once.  I liked both ships.  Oriana is perhaps a little more cosy.  Arcadia is roomy, loads of deck space and we are on her again in 2020.  I will let others comment further, as I can't remember much more about Arcadia.  It was about 7 years ago and we did US/Canada.

Arcadia has the Palladium for the 'main show' (ie Headliners) but they also have entertainment on in The Globe which is mid-ships. This will usually be a band or instrumentalist.

They also occasionally use The Globe for dancing, as it is the main ballroom (though not overly big).

The Meridian is separated between Club (lower) and Freedom (upper). You don't really see much of the upper level - only by the central staircase. Even then, it still feels like the same dining room.

I'm a big fan of the ship. She's got a great flow to her deck plan. And she feels very much a 'mid-size' ship (although she'll probably be classed as 'small' in the future - Iona I blame you!)

Any other questions about her, please ask! 🙂

• Like 1

Arcadia is a beautiful, stylish ship with lovely glass artwork throughout. We had our nicest cabin to date on Arcadia. Nice pool areas and a covered roof works well and the Prom deck is very nice. The Globe acts as a second show lounge, it can get very crowded if it is a popular act. To my mind the public rooms don't work as well as they do on Oriana, the Globe being a case in point, she also has a café that's a bit tucked away, a very comfy cinema but so tiny that you have to pre book seats. The theatre is very stylish but the sight lines aren't great, and no beautiful tiered stern of course. But despite all that critcism Arcadia has a lovely vibe, Sindhu has great views as well as great food, the gin tastings were fun, the Crows Nest is a perfect venue and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.

• 2 weeks later...