Moveup Bid accepted - shipboard credit gone

Tweedy

Yesterday, I made my very first moveup bid.  Didn't think it would happen as the scale said it was weak.  This morning it was accepted.  I received my 'CONGRATULATIONS' email where it stats a new confirmation email reflecting this upgrade will be sent.  The updated cabin is showing on my account and I've printed off the new luggage tags.  However, I've not received the email.  I booked through a TA.  Would this have been sent to them?

There is also something fishy with my shipboard credit.  Before I made the bid I had a substantial amount still showing as we only have one excursion through the cruise line booked.  Now my account is showing no balance and the one excursion I have booked is saying I owe extra $$.  Is this normal?

I'm a newbie at the moveup bid process but I didn't think it would affect my shipboard credit that I had sitting on my account.  

It shouldn’t affect it.  We had the same thing happen not too long ago.  We just called our TA and they called X and the credit was reinstated.  I think there’s something with their computer system that might delete the credit when theres a change in cabin category...it has to be input manually.  Just call...should get sorted out easily 

With the suggestions on here, I contacted my awesome TA and she was on it.  This morning when I logged back into my account my shipboard credit was back.  Phew!    Looking forward to sailing in 10 days in a first time aft-facing cabin thanks to my move-up bid.

1 hour ago, Tweedy said:

With the suggestions on here, I contacted my awesome TA and she was on it.  This morning when I logged back into my account my shipboard credit was back.  Phew!    Looking forward to sailing in 10 days in a first time aft-facing cabin thanks to my move-up bid.

I wasn’t stating above that I thought you would lose your OBC with the MoveUp, I just wondered what you had moved from and to as you said it was a low bid? 

9 hours ago, Tweedy said:

And that's why it pays to work with a TA. Doesn't cost you a penny and if you have a good one, they are priceless.

• Like 2