Dining Room Dress

rhinomike

Please refresh my memory. 

Can I get away with nice shorts and sandals in the dining room?

Is there a formal night or not. I think they call it dress up or not night. Nice shorts and sandals ok on that night or do I need pants and a Polo?

What about specialty restaurants?  Are they formal dress on formal night or can we wear shorts and sandals?

Thank you. 

23 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

What ship are you on?

We have two cruises planned next month. One on the Sky which I’m not too worried about. It’s a short cruise to Cuba. 

Then a one week cruise on the Dawn. 

Shorts/t-shirt ("cruise casual") are fine in most restaurants no matter which night it is. IIRC, only Le Bistro and Venetian after 5pm require "smart casual" on Dawn.

The dailies will give the specifics for each ship and what is required under the dress code.

1 hour ago, rhinomike said:

Is there a formal night or not. I think they call it dress up or not night. Nice shorts and sandals ok on that night or do I need pants and a Polo?

What about specialty restaurants?  Are they formal dress on formal night or can we wear shorts and sandals?

Thank you. 

IT doesn't matter what ship you are on the rules are the same. Nice shorts are OK, flip flops no, but dress sandals are OK, men should wear closed toe shoes. There is no formal night. There is a dress up or not night but the dress code is still the same. A couple of the specialty restaurants require long pants.

23 minutes ago, zqvol said:

IT doesn't matter what ship you are on the rules are the same. Nice shorts are OK, flip flops no, but dress sandals are OK, men should wear closed toe shoes. There is no formal night. There is a dress up or not night but the dress code is still the same. A couple of the specialty restaurants require long pants.

Yes it does matter what ship you are on. The Manhattan Room on the Epic is a MDR and long pants are required there.

11 hours ago, rhinomike said:

Thank you. 

dress as casual as you want, but in good taste of course. There will be one MDR that will not allow shorts and Le Bistro will allow only long pants and for men, collared shirts. I don't remember about sandals for men. Women and sandals are fine, just no shorts. There are no real formal nights, but there are always some who like to dress in more dressy clothes. Usually the second night is the night people will perhaps decide to dress up a bit. Either way you are fine. 

1 hour ago, newmexicoNita said:

dress as casual as you want, but in good taste of course. There will be one MDR that will not allow shorts and Le Bistro will allow only long pants and for men, collared shirts. I don't remember about sandals for men. Women and sandals are fine, just no shorts. There are no real formal nights, but there are always some who like to dress in more dressy clothes. Usually the second night is the night people will perhaps decide to dress up a bit. Either way you are fine. 

Great. Thank you so much.