ALASKA CRUISE ON THE BLISS RESTAURANT RECOMMENDATION

1threadshort

not sure about the wine, but it is a great restaurant and I always select it when I go with NCL.

And the BBQ place is nice, but get a later time so you can be there when the show starts.  Staff is very friendly in the restaurant.

We chose Cagney's, the French and the Teppanyaki restaurants for our three picks.  No experience, just chose based off of the likes and dislikes of those in our group.  We also thought we would like to have one "nicer" dinner on board,  which is why we chose the French.

3 hours ago, 1threadshort said:

if you went the first night to cagney's did they give you a free bottle of wine?

No they do not. 

Our recommendation is Cagney’s, Teppanyaki, and Le Bistro.

The following link is to our live post from our Bliss cruise

Edited by BirdTravels

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No they do not. 

Our recommendation is Cagney’s, Teppanyaki, and Le Bistro.

The following link is to our live post from our Bliss cruise

OH Bird! I am hoping you will know the answer. Is the show in the Q restaurant continuous, or does it have a start time? Want to eat there early enough to avoid the square dancing, if it's possible. TIA

Cagney's and Q for sure. We ate at Q around 5:30-6:00, it wasn't crowded at all and nothing going on. The food was good and there was a lot of it. We weren't impressed with Los Lobos. We didn't do Teppanyaki on Bliss but we did on Getaway and it is fun. You might look for menus to help you decide. Le Bistro did not look at all appealing to me but if you like French food you might like it.

i tried to look at the menus but i couldnt read them. we picked bliss 2x and la cucina. i didnt want italian but i wasnt paying any more for food than i had to. this cruise is certainly costing a small fortune. i have to stop somewhere.

5 minutes ago, 1threadshort said:

i tried to look at the menus but i couldnt read them. we picked bliss 2x and la cucina. i didnt want italian but i wasnt paying any more for food than i had to. this cruise is certainly costing a small fortune. i have to stop somewhere.

I don’t understand.

Not sure what you meant by Bliss. I assume that was a typo, but I don’t understand why you booked La Cucina if you didn’t want Italian. If you have the SDP then you won’t pay any extra in many other places. Le Bistro, Teppenyaki and Cagneys (plus probably some others, I’m no expert on the newer options like Q) will all cost you no extra (unless you order the shrimp cocktail in Cagneys).

Edited by KeithJenner

19 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I don’t understand.

Not sure what you meant by Bliss. I assume that was a typo, but I don’t understand why you booked La Cucina if you didn’t want Italian. If you have the SDP then you won’t pay any extra in many other places. Le Bistro, Teppenyaki and Cagneys (plus probably some others, I’m no expert on the newer options like Q) will all cost you no extra (unless you order the shrimp cocktail in Cagneys).

should say i chose cagney's 2x and la cucina. i could not get teppenyaki for 6 or 6:30. and under impression teppenyaki was xtra in addition to meal package.

My partner wanted the internet package as our freebie, but I’m thinking of purchasing the 3 dinner plan. We settled for an inside room and want to make the trip nice with good dinners and the thermal spa as a birthday surprise. 

Teppenyaki was great on the Getaway, but the Bliss looks like it had a few more restaurants to choose from. The 

1 hour ago, Joeghartman said:

My partner wanted the internet package as our freebie, but I’m thinking of purchasing the 3 dinner plan. We settled for an inside room and want to make the trip nice with good dinners and the thermal spa as a birthday surprise. 

Teppenyaki was great on the Getaway, but the Bliss looks like it had a few more restaurants to choose from. The 

My advice is pass on the dinner plans, hang with either of the 3 MDR's and opt for the internet (even though service is spotty).