Orvieto excursion -- does it include Civita di Bagnoregio?

klfella

Has anyone been on Oceania's "Orvieto, undiscovered Italy" (departing from Civitavecchia port) excursion before? I'm just wondering if it also includes a side trip to the "dying village" of Civita di Bagnoregio. Most private tours to Orvieto do include Civita as well but Oceania's makes no mention of it. I would prefer a tour that includes Civita.

I agree with ORV that if the description doesn't mention this spot the tour most likely doesn't go there.  Whenever we've booked a ship's tour (which isn't all that often although we have been taking advantage of oLife tours since they came into being) the descriptions are quite complete as to what is to be seen.

This is the kind of question that I personally think is better answered by Oceania itself or your TA.  Experienced Oceania travelers can answer many questions, but when it comes to specific tour questions like this one -- well, even if we took this tour in the past and went to Civita di Bagnoregio, that  doesn't mean that this cruise's tour will do so as well.  That's up to the outside vendors that Oceania uses.

So far I haven't seen many answers to this question in the past hours since OP posted the question, which makes me think that no one may have the answer.

Mura

I did a private tour (with Orv, I think - Hi Orv!) and it was a highlight of the day for me. It's been a while, but, I think I have the private guide's information that we used.

This was our itinerary. We used them in 3 ports and they were magnificent.

Claudio Caponera
www.limoinrome.com
claudio@limoinrome.com
our driver-guide will pick you up at the ship to start your tour. Enjoy a leisurely 1,5 hours drive through the Etruscan countryside straight to Orvieto.
Upon reaching this spectacular well preserved medieval town you'll visit one of the best Gothic artwort in Italy " the Cathedral". Stroll through a colorful old neighborhood and you enter in a world that has no changed since Middle Ages. 
Time at your leisure for optional lunch to enjoy the traditional Italian cuisine, shopping in the little store and artisan shops.  ( Orvieto is famous for potteries, ceramics and white wine).  In the afternoon on the way back to the port time permitting, you'll stop at Island in the Sky Escape ( Civita di Bagnoregio) estimated arrival time to the port is around  5:30/6:00 p.m.

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.
Forgot something

Thanks for all your views. I guess it's best to take a private tour then to be sure of visiting Civita dB. It's just that the Oceania tour was cheaper (assuming I can't get anyone to share a private tour) and even included a meal. But it's OK, not too fussed about missing a meal!