Currently on the Horizon

Gettys84

Good morning from Aruba. Does anyone have any suggests on best way to carry off our mattress when we get back to Miami Sunday? It is the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept on. Anyway...we are docked in Aruba. Can’t see land bc we are on the starboard side but the water is very nice. Looks like we have another cruise ship headed into port in the distance. We are going to get some breakfast and go walk around the port area this morning. 6eb8ebefdb57d9330cad77b17ffb2cb1.jpg77fd193b1663af6a3ccb1e3ad812e2d5.jpg24652730faa26cd2b4345069a2b2c9da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, tnutt10 said:

Yeah I think we may just check them. Oh well if we can’t unpack until later that evening. I appreciate the advice! Also, I’m 21 on VIFP points so being that Gold is 25 and I’m going on this 6 day cruise will I be considered Gold status from day one? (Not that it really matters other than I may get a second free bottle of water haha)

Congrats!  You will be Gold for your cruise. Next stop...Platinum. We are so close. Only 4 more cruises for us. And we have 3 booked!!

9 hours ago, zippyjet said:

Wow, it looks like a change from the tired American Table era. I sailed the Horizon on it's first southern Caribbean itinerary out of Miami last September and they still had the old menu. I don't remember seeing these choices. I'm hoping to do the exact cruise this September. I liked the ports of call that much and feel the few kinks of a first sailing will be ironed out. B TW, how's the linchtime Lido deck gelato station doing? I hope Carnival adds this across the board.

Gelato is very busy and very good. Have seen them run out a couple of times so get there somewhat early! 

8 hours ago, Cruise Family 3 said:

First, THANK YOU for bringing us along on your cruise! ☺️  We are doing this same itinerary this November.

Second,   My husband and I will be on the Mardi Gras as well, Oct 31, 2020!   We were surprised today of the amenities and suite name change of our Excel Suite!

We are on this same cruise!  We will have to stand in the pizza line together!!!  We may have to check out that fancy suite of yours!  We are just in a normal balcony room on deck 12. My wife is trying to come up with Halloween costumes for us. Should be a fun embarkation day.  Maybe we can go as pizza slices????

14 minutes ago, Bugger54 said:

My granddaughter loves the Lemon loaf they had in the bread basket. I heard this was discontinued. Have you seen it???

Have not seen that. We didn’t even get bread baskets on the table in the dining room for dinner or brunch. 

7 minutes ago, Lem_On_Ade said:

Thank you for this review! I look forward to reading it every day, it's making me very excited for my trip on the Horizon next March 🙂

Welcome!  Thanks for following along. 

Do you have any thoughts/comments on the nightlife? Smaller carnival ships only really have the piano bar or the nightclub for late night activities (after the shows and comedy have concluded of course). However, on this ship there are additional venues like havana and live music at Pig and Anchor. Also, my understanding is that, while the Liquid Lounge was originally intended to house the nightclub, they now do it in the limelight lounge and the bar is essentially a little cart. Any info or opinions you might have would be great! Thanks!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pmoniz said:

Loving this review! Glad you got your pictures back up and running.  I have heard that there is live music at Pig & Anchor at night maybe? Have you stumbled upon music there yet?  We've got a long way to go for our cruise on the Horizon and I'm sure a lot will change from now to then - but love listening to some live music!

Yes, there is great live music at P&A!  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CaptnG said:

Thanks for the awesome review! We're sailing Horizon next March and it will be our first experience with Carnival. My kids are HUGE fans of Royal Caribbean Harmony of the seas, and had really wanted us to try the Symphony next March, but the price was twice as much! Carnival has always had a bit of a bad reputation in my mind so we'd avoided it, but the more I learn about all the cool stuff they offer at no extra cost the more excited I get! Gelato bar looks delicious, and I'm really looking forward to trying the world famous Guys Burger. Can't wait to be back at sea! :)

We are in the same boat. We have cruised on many of the huge RCCL ships and the big NCL ships. My kids now teens (17 and 15) love both lines. This is our first Carnival in June and I am excited to experience it for myself. The Havana area won me over. Since Royal stopped putting pools in their solarium. The price for the Haven has skyrocketed to more than I want to spend so Carnival it is.  

People on Royal trash talk ever other lines. I do think Carnival has some party boats but the new big ones are not the party boats. 

The flowrider is missed very much by my 17 Y,O she lives on it. I mean even sailing out of NY when it was cold like 55 she still road it non stop. If it was open she was there.  I will report back after our cruise but we booked the Flow rider for Grand Turk to give her a  bit of flow rider time. She is excited to see how it compares to royals. I just hope she doesn't hurt herself 

My understanding is Carnival's free food is better than Royal and Much better than NCL (unless you pay for specialty) . Royal has the best "Broadway" shows but we will see, looks like Carnival has more comedy options something we love. 

The alcohol package is much cheaper on Carnival and the 15 drink max doesn't bother me at all. 

• Like 1