Currently on the Horizon

Gettys84

3 hours ago, Lem_On_Ade said:

Thank you for this review! I look forward to reading it every day, it's making me very excited for my trip on the Horizon next March 🙂

I agree! It’s awsome that you have taken the time to do this on board review, thank you.

15 hours ago, tnutt10 said:

Yeah I think we may just check them. Oh well if we can’t unpack until later that evening. I appreciate the advice! Also, I’m 21 on VIFP points so being that Gold is 25 and I’m going on this 6 day cruise will I be considered Gold status from day one? (Not that it really matters other than I may get a second free bottle of water haha)

If you're taking carry-ons, you can put a spare set of clothes in them. Or maybe your swimsuits if you're going to the pool. Just in case you don't get your checked bags till later. And yes, you will be Gold for your entire next cruise. Anyone advancing to the next level at any point during a cruise will be that level for the whole thing.

I was going to suggest having a look at FTTF. I know it's pricey, but it would give you immediate cabin access, plus several other perks. It might be worth it to you. I thought it was well worth it last year, but we got it at the old, cheaper price. We still want it for next year, but it's sold out for now. Watching it like a hawk, though. But I see that you're leaving Sunday, so that doesn't work for you. Have fun. We won't be on Horizon till next March.

52 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

If you're taking carry-ons, you can put a spare set of clothes in them. Or maybe your swimsuits if you're going to the pool. Just in case you don't get your checked bags till later. And yes, you will be Gold for your entire next cruise. Anyone advancing to the next level at any point during a cruise will be that level for the whole thing.

I was going to suggest having a look at FTTF. I know it's pricey, but it would give you immediate cabin access, plus several other perks. It might be worth it to you. I thought it was well worth it last year, but we got it at the old, cheaper price. We still want it for next year, but it's sold out for now. Watching it like a hawk, though. But I see that you're leaving Sunday, so that doesn't work for you. Have fun. We won't be on Horizon till next March.

Thank you! And yes I think it has been sold out for this cruise. 

1 minute ago, Gettys84 said:

Sitting in the sports bar. The bar isn’t open with a lot of people watching The Masters. Not sure why not.

558d362269dbf4827aecfe90de8e4e01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was on Vista a few years ago, the sports bar had between 10 - 20 people in there every day watching Wimbledon. A couple of people asked a bartender about possibly opening earlier but they never did.

Headed out of Aruba. Next stop Miami Sunday morning. This has been our best cruise we have taken I think. Two more days to relax and have fun until the real world slaps us in the face. 79d519d0e15eb73d195487f7ee876522.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

When I was on Vista a few years ago, the sports bar had between 10 - 20 people in there every day watching Wimbledon. A couple of people asked a bartender about possibly opening earlier but they never did.

It's like Carnival is on the right track but just not quite there. They put a sports bar on the ship but are not smart enough to staff it, especially when there are big sporting events on lol. Heck I'm sure one bartender could work there during the day and make some good money just on tips.

1 hour ago, Gettys84 said:

Sitting in the sports bar. The bar isn’t open with a lot of people watching The Masters. Not sure why not.

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I'm wondering if it's a staffing issue, like so many other times. Are the bartenders who typically operate the sports bar being used elsewhere on the ship because there aren't enough to go around? Kind of like how they close down some of the eateries, like Guy's, in the evening because the crew members who operate those switch to the MDR & specialty restaurants for dinner. You'd think that they'd scrounge up at least one more bartender to operate the sports bar, especially since they're showing sporting events.

7 hours ago, Gettys84 said:

We are on this same cruise!  We will have to stand in the pizza line together!!!  We may have to check out that fancy suite of yours!  We are just in a normal balcony room on deck 12. My wife is trying to come up with Halloween costumes for us. Should be a fun embarkation day.  Maybe we can go as pizza slices????

Haha 😆! Yes!  🍕🍕🍕🍕

Ok just wanted to check with you. We have a portside cabin booked but if we want to be able to see us pulling into and out of dock I should move our cabin to starboard? I am so excited I it all looks so wonderful I can’t wait to cruise. Enjoy your two sea days. Thank you 

8 hours ago, Jenjer said:

I will report back after our cruise but we booked the Flow rider for Grand Turk to give her a  bit of flow rider time.

We were on the Allure of the Seas in September, the Flow Rider will definately be missed on the Horizon. Where on Grand Turk can we do the Flow Rider?

Ok just wanted to check with you. We have a portside cabin booked but if we want to be able to see us pulling into and out of dock I should move our cabin to starboard? I am so excited I it all looks so wonderful I can’t wait to cruise. Enjoy your two sea days. Thank you 

Stick with Port. We haven’t seen anything but La Romana, you could see some houses. But it always depends on the day which way the Capitan docks! Plus you will get to see south beach during sail away.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tinkerbellsparkle said:

We were on the Allure of the Seas in September, the Flow Rider will definately be missed on the Horizon. Where on Grand Turk can we do the Flow Rider?

The large blue area, far right.

http://www.grandturkcc.com/Port-Information.aspx

Edited by destiny217

14 hours ago, Tinkerbellsparkle said:

You book it thru carnival its at Margaritaville. Its $30 for 1 hour and $40 for 1.5 hours and stand up hopefully.

Went by ocean plaza on deck 5 to see what they to offer for breakfast. They were also handing out crafts from Michaels for people to work on. A good amount of people were making bracelets.

a4672728e7176a3371bf770c9be93eed.jpg5609a253d27180b9bc37e120bb2c6066.jpgc00cfa02231c99be9eedf1125438c856.jpg5687971d983452bad0eb94dc79a2b3bf.jpg59c0c3f4373d7319b8ab43714b32e1b7.jpg4e7a7f1a43f17d52daa8d4acc51e9439.jpgf0bbc9df667adb3f575fc049f6529903.jpg

Last picture is of the famous chocolate muffins from a previous post.