Currently on the Horizon

Gettys84

Happy you made it home safe and sound and those are some happy puppies looks like they want some pizza. I am definitely going to miss you pizza line updates :-) 

Thank You so much for taking us on your vacations with you. all of your information has been very helpful. 

On 4/13/2019 at 10:07 PM, cruises42 said:

We are on the ship also. Had brunch yesterday and asked if there was free OJ. We were told yes and got some.

I was on in February and got free OJ during brunch as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mdin said:

I was on in February and got free OJ during brunch as well. 

Hopefully the waiter who told Gettys the free OJ was no more was wrong. It'd be awful stingy of them to take away a little free OJ in the MDR and replace it with a $5 glass.

I know people bring glasses of their own wine (that they brought on board) to dinner in the MDR, but are we allowed to bring a can of soda that we brought on board?

7 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Hopefully the waiter who told Gettys the free OJ was no more was wrong. It'd be awful stingy of them to take away a little free OJ in the MDR and replace it with a $5 glass.

I know people bring glasses of their own wine (that they brought on board) to dinner in the MDR, but are we allowed to bring a can of soda that we brought on board?

We took our coke and Diet Coke to the pasta bar, and the buffet.  They should let you take it into the dining room.  I want to say I saw someone with a can of coke at dinner.  

7 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I guess you didn't see my last post when I quoted your question. We were also on the cruise with Gettys and asked if there was free OJ, they said yes, and we got it. 

1 hour ago, cruises42 said:

I guess you didn't see my last post when I quoted your question. We were also on the cruise with Gettys and asked if there was free OJ, they said yes, and we got it. 

Yeah, I remember you saying that. Sorry, I meant to reply that day, but got sidetracked and forgot about it. I'll just have to make it very clear to the waiter..."The free stuff, not the fancy fresh pressed $5 OJ." LOL I am not paying $5 for some OJ.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:49 AM, Gettys84 said:

This ship is very nice. You can tell it is still new. Very clean! The Soccer Billiards is one of our favorites as well as the skyride. (Close toed shoes for the skyride)

The Magic was my favorite ship before this one but I think Horizon takes it now. Will be interesting going on the Sunshine out of Charleston in September to see size difference.

And super excited for the Mardi Gras fall of 2020. Wonder what the pizza line will be like on that ship?

And the pasta bar. We LOVE the pasta bar! 
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Magic has been my all time favorite ship.  We're on the Horizon next month for our 25th Milestone Cruise.  I'm pretty excited to read that you liked Horizon over Magic, most certainly counting down the next 30 days/

Thanks for taking the time to live review, very nice job.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:14 PM, Gettys84 said:

Ugh. You have no idea how much I miss the funny French toast.  

They don't have the flamin' tomatoes fire roasted soup?

THEY DON'T HAVE THE FLAMIN' TOMATOES FIRE ROASTED SOUP?????

ARGHHHHH...

40 minutes ago, tradewinds traveler said:

I really enjoyed your review. We are going on the Magic this fall & now are thinking of the Horizon for next year. Thank you again!

6 hours ago, markntara said:

The Magic has been my all time favorite ship.  We're on the Horizon next month for our 25th Milestone Cruise.  I'm pretty excited to read that you liked Horizon over Magic, most certainly counting down the next 30 days/

Thanks for taking the time to live review, very nice job.

I feel the same about Magic, she is my favorite Carnival ship. I have been on Vista and Horizon, and while I enjoyed both ships, Magic (and Dream class ships in general) is significantly better than Vista class ships in my book. 

22 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Yeah, I remember you saying that. Sorry, I meant to reply that day, but got sidetracked and forgot about it. I'll just have to make it very clear to the waiter..."The free stuff, not the fancy fresh pressed $5 OJ." LOL I am not paying $5 for some OJ.

I just wanted to make sure you saw the post and that you can actually get free OJ at Brunch. I saw on a review that they asked about the OJ and did get it so I knew to ask for it too.