Currently on the Horizon

Gettys84

Chocolate extravaganza was today on lido from 12 to 2. They had the normal cakes but were all some sort of chocolate.  I tried 3 of them (don’t judge me) and they were pretty good. I did not go check out anything else on the gelato side because it was very busy from them closing the back decks down for the helicopter. 

57FA33F2-5F1D-4B23-AD13-E6CC1EA4C24C.jpeg

DBADA2BA-5091-4BED-AD64-FA78EB869D44.jpeg

7B3A7490-F819-46C1-B416-5855028E7E03.jpeg

17C12506-94E1-46A3-B295-0EF057776428.jpeg

3E0EE2E7-8DB2-44E8-96EB-16987C83BA75.jpeg

C15792B8-E1D3-4AF6-8961-886DAC8FE876.jpeg

F177CE36-2313-4075-8811-5D3FCC522EAD.jpeg

34F6AB27-45BD-4139-9223-4755878FE7C5.jpeg

55D38D27-8F09-4022-AA00-E9077EFE13B3.jpeg

F2239296-2B58-450A-9DD8-47AD16705FAB.jpeg

D1B5421D-1F36-4D83-93AB-3C5E0017020B.jpeg

D5B78C94-3F36-447B-AB0A-0C52E21E13DE.jpeg

03BDE6B1-2A27-45F6-8445-6D28FF073205.jpeg

B2B613D3-3226-49FB-9A86-1AF9835E310D.jpeg

Couple more questions coming your way.

#1: Did you happen to notice if there was still free OJ at sea day brunch yesterday? Instead of the $5 OJ.

#2: How have the daytime/nighttime temperatures been? We'll be on Horizon the first half of March. I've been checking now & again and high's seem to be around ~80, but haven't looked at overnight temps.

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

#1: Did you happen to notice if there was still free OJ at sea day brunch yesterday? Instead of the $5 OJ.

#2: How have the daytime/nighttime temperatures been? We'll be on Horizon the first half of March. I've been checking now & again and high's seem to be around ~80, but haven't looked at overnight temps.

Thanks in advance.

The only OJ for brunch is $5. They do not have free OJ. Went and asked this morning. 

Lows middle 70s if I had to guess. It has been very comfortable. I will say we are usually cold inside the areas of the ship with the AC very high and this ship has been a little warmer. We have enjoyed that but most people would say it is it is hot. 

Last pizza line check of the cruise!  I figured I would get a slice to finish off the amazing week!   I’m surprised I even still fit into my shorts with the amount of food I have eaten this week. 

B25A96A1-EDE1-4A09-A30F-76AD489252A7.jpeg

D46BE0F1-22C5-4C20-A4E6-DBAD33FA0CD4.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Gettys84 said:

The only OJ for brunch is $5. They do not have free OJ. Went and asked this morning. 

Lows middle 70s if I had to guess. It has been very comfortable. I will say we are usually cold inside the areas of the ship with the AC very high and this ship has been a little warmer. We have enjoyed that but most people would say it is it is hot. 

That stinks about the OJ. I don't really complain about the nickel & diming stuff, but taking away a little free OJ at brunch and replacing it with $5 juice is kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to the more comfortable temps. We've only cruised in the summer and I get hot easy, so it'll be a welcome relief.

I just found and read your whole review today.  Thank you so much.  I have a b2b  booked on the Panorama out of Long Beach in January.  Figured this is as close as I'm going to get for a review of her.  Your review was FANTASTIC!!!  So looking forward to having a Vista class ship on the west coast.  So glad you had such a wonderful cruise and THANK YOU one more time.

Thanks again for taking us all along with you on your cruise. One last question tho please. I just read a post from another person who just got off another ship and he said he was told by two different bartenders that Budweiser beer is no longer being served on Carnival. If you get a chance could you please check on this? Thanks again and have a safe trip home.

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Thanks in advance.

We are on the ship also. Had brunch yesterday and asked if there was free OJ. We were told yes and got some.

• Like 1

We are off of the ship and headed back to South Carolina. Will report back later today with how the process was getting off the ship. It was pretty fast but a little crazy at the same time. In the car at 7:40am. 

86ED9092-6649-4F24-A8A4-2752ADC53209.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

I just found and read your whole review today.  Thank you so much.  I have a b2b  booked on the Panorama out of Long Beach in January.  Figured this is as close as I'm going to get for a review of her.  Your review was FANTASTIC!!!  So looking forward to having a Vista class ship on the west coast.  So glad you had such a wonderful cruise and THANK YOU one more time.

You are welcome. I want to do a B2B one day!  Thanks for reading. Will be posting more this week about the trip. 

10 hours ago, CChamp said:

Thanks again for taking us all along with you on your cruise. One last question tho please. I just read a post from another person who just got off another ship and he said he was told by two different bartenders that Budweiser beer is no longer being served on Carnival. If you get a chance could you please check on this? Thanks again and have a safe trip home.

I saw bud lite but never looked for anything else. Sorry I saw this too late to ask.

48 minutes ago, Gettys84 said:

This looks like fun. Hopefully we can get back before it gets to us. 

9DEE16A7-3573-4EA8-B318-56194E7B5875.png

Thanks for taking us on your vacation,  We really enjoyed it.  I'm sad to think I won't get my daily pizza line check.

Safe travels home.

15 hours ago, Gettys84 said:

We were on Horizon last month and got free OJ at breakfast/brunch in the MDR every morning. What wasn’t free were the $5.00 juice drinks on the menu.  These drinks were also not covered by the Cheers program. 

13 hours ago, CChamp said:

We have sailed on Miracle, Sunshine and Horizon since December. On all 3 cruises the only Budweiser related beer they had on all 3 ships was Bud Light.  

The change happened in either late November or December.  When we were on Liberty in November they had both Bud and Bud Light Lime. When we were on Miracle in December over Christmas, they only had Bud Light. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579